You may have read our previous popular article “7 Tips for Getting a Cheaper Quote From Your House Painting Contractor for Painting Your House”.
Well, I have something even more valuable to you as a homeowner if you’re still considering hiring a painter (hopefully me!). Here’s my newest blog as of September 2014 which offers 7 MORE tips on how to get a better price from your painting contractor.
1) Help Set the Job for Me
2) Give Incentives to Help My Business (assuming you’re happy with the job, of course!)
3) Choose Fewer Colours
4) Choose Colours that Match or Are Similar to the Original
– Choose the same colour for the trim and doors (usually white or an off-white)
– For walls avoid three coat situations. This means not choosing really dark colours if the walls are presently light and not choosing really light colours if they are dark since both will require more coats.
– Avoid painting accent walls since they always require 3 coats as well as more time to paint.
5) Avoid Painting Stucco/Popcorn Ceilings at All Costs
6) More Is Less
7) Simply Email Me and Ask
Thanks so much for reading through these tips. I’m looking forward to providing you with a free quote and seeing you try them on me!
Owner, Home Painters
If you found this article informative be sure to visit our blog post “10 Questions You MUST Ask Your House Painting Contractor“.