The Cost of Painting the Exterior of Your House
Before you pick up a paintbrush, put on your work clothes and drop down the tarp- don’t forget to count the cost! There is a lot to take into account when looking at exterior painting prices per square foot and the average cost of exterior house painting. If you aren’t doing it yourself you’ll also want to consider the cost of labour for exterior painting as well.
1. Consider Your Options for Painting the Exterior
- The inspirational idea to paint your house can really get away from you, causing the cost of painting the exterior to be overlooked. You can count on spending approximately $1.00-$1.79 per square foot for a close estimate of the cost of exterior painting. Usually this cost does factor in that you are hiring a licensed and (hopefully) insured painting contractor.
- Before hiring right away, the exterior paint cost can vary with different painting contractors. You should have a checklist of all the painting contractors’ qualifications before you pick the right one. Things such as: a good track record and a high score of satisfied customers (you can often find testimonials on their website), an up-to-date license, and if they are bonded and insured. Always make sure that you hire carefully and get at least 3 other estimates before selecting your painting contractor of choice.
2. How Will All Of the Home Painting Costs Add Up?
- When calculating your house exterior painting cost all sorts of things will require a charge. Factors like: the size of your house, which materials are used, what type of exterior paint you select, how your house is painted, the amount of prep work required, the particular season of the year and even the colour of paint!
- If you select the highest quality paint and are painting the exterior of your house a lighter colour there will be more cost for the paint because extra applications of both primer and paint may be needed.
- If you have a large house that has a steep roof or an intricate architectural exterior layout it will be difficult to access and can take more time to complete. If you have many windows and need them all taped off and covered, the prep work will also take longer.
- Discuss the possibility of doing the prep work yourself, or even supplying the paint yourself. In a lot of cases, the labour makes up most of the grand total. If you do these things you will usually end up saving a good amount of money.
The cost of painting the exterior of your home doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg, not if you invest the time into finding the right painting contractor, haven’t fallen for using a ridiculously overpriced exterior paint, and have carefully weighed out your options of just how much painting the exterior will cost. If you do all that you can definitely have it done within a reasonable budget! But if you just can’t seem to find or trust the right painting contractor – you can rest easy because Home Painters Toronto, one of the top rated exterior painting contractors in Toronto, will gladly do it for you!
Call HPT and we’ll do it for you! Call us NOW at 416-494-9095 or [email protected].