Are You Thinking of Hiring a Painter in Toronto? Here’s How to Get the Best Price From Your Painter as your Home Painting Cost. For whatever purpose it may serve you best, painting a home is something that must be done with extra careful beforehand planning. One must invest time
and money while on this project. Professional home painters in Toronto and the GTA are adept at assessing the best reasonable house painting prices for any painting job. The catch: there is more to just an assessment. Below, you’ll find ways which can help you determine different factors that affect the price tag of any painting jobs done by professional home painters in Toronto.
Learn how to minimize your home painting cost, about the best paint brands, and how to connect with painters in Toronto.
1. Visiting Hardware Stores to Get Price Estimates
- If you want to save on the get-go, arm yourself with the right knowledge before going about the whole ordeal. Frequently have trips to hardware stores to determine prices of materials you’ll need for the home paint job.
- This is one way of comparing prices once you already ask for quotes from Toronto house painters within your area.
2. Professional Home Painters
- Speaking of painters, there are a lot of Toronto home painters in the area so be sure to not skip asking for free and non-obligatory painting quote from every home painter that’s within your reach. Compare cost to paint house interior they can give with the ones you already have in hand.
- One thing to tick off from your to-do list during the preparation stage is asking your chosen home painter in Toronto whether they’ll have their own professional painters do the home paint job or have subcontractors. The later will usually cost more in the long run.
3. What Can you Do on Your Own?
- Inspect what you can do on your own before starting any paint renovations or overhauls. Cleaning up is one thing while doing touch-ups, preparing for rolling pans, sturdy ceiling fans, primers and if possible, learn from the experts once professional home painters get to start their project.
4. Your Furniture
- Any clean-up won’t be the same without clearing up all household items and fixtures that may be damaged once the interior painting commences.
5. How Big is your Toronto House?
- Most house painting quotes are standard and can be based on experience. If a home painter gets to see how large your home is, they can tell you whether or not, its size is standard. If not, they can make adjustments through measurements while you’re on watch.
- Pricing by square foot can be a misnomer since you don’t normally paint the floors but rather the ceilings and walls of bedrooms, kitchens and some other places. Real interior painting cost will depend on how big is the size compared to normal Toronto house standards. Painting price ranges may differ from walls to full bedroom, doors and window frames. It may be pegged at $2,700 to $5,500.
6. The Materials (painting)
- Will your home painters use basic paints or the high quality ones? No one can answer that better than the home painting contractor you’re in contact with. You can also make a choice and tell them to use whatever type of paint you desire.
- Warranties are important so you’d know that whenever there is a botch somewhere, you have a claim against the painting contractor. Clarify stipulations for this one before any paint touches your home.
- Normally a standard one year warranty for Toronto painting company in Toronto is reasonable, with the better reliable painting companies in Toronto offering a two year warranty.
8. Prep Work that Needs to be Done
- Preparation may be loosely translated to furniture moving, material buying and even clean-up. As much as possible do this on your own because the more time a home painter spends just painting, the lesser pay you’ll have to worry about in the end.
9. Payment Terms
- The best painters in Toronto will offer flexible terms. In fact, if you are hiring an interior home painter a reasonable time to collect is a small up front deposit, with the remainder to be paid at the end of the job, once everything has been inspected and approved.
- Cheques are as good as cash and if you have the option choose cheques.
- The most secure, reliable painters in Toronto will even offer major credit cards, Visa, MasterCard, and American express as means of payment.
Done reading? We urge you to start at item #1 then going through the list before calling a trusted site of professionals. On top of this article, feel free to visit our other article “7 Tips and Tricks to Get the Best Price From Your Painter”. Keep in mind if you don’t feel up to the task, we can also do it for you. We are a top rated painter on HomeStars.com, fully insured with WSIB and 5 million general liability insurance, and bonded. Please call Home Painters Toronto NOW at 416.494.9095 or email us at Brian@HomePaintersToronto.com for a free home painting cost estimate in Toronto and the GTA!