Life moves forward and in a big country such as Canada, It is not too uncommon to see people moving from one place to another to seek something that is already not satisfied with their current place of abode. The tendency is, you change your address, either permanently or for just a little while. If you’ve decided for the former, one good investment you’d need to start packing before selling is your home, particularly its internal painting.
And oh, by the way deciding over this crucial matter isn’t going to stop at the decision-level and quite the opposite–it’s just the beginning.
Why? For one, you will not be alone. Realty is a highly evolving and heavily condensed market. Chances are you’d bump into someone selling at exactly the same space you’re selling. And one of the first deciding factors: “first impressions rule”. Looking for the fittest property can be comparable to applicants vying for a sought after corporate position. Screening will happen but if home buyers are not impressed at what they see at first glance (curb appeal, external house painting, etc.) then they’d most likely move over with the other gajillion of options.
It’s the first impression that sells your house, and painting can make the difference. Ask one realtor and all the others would surely agree. It is that “one thing” that is virtually omnipresent. You see painting pretty much everywhere within the house premises. It is one of those indicators of a finely cared for home. Scratches here and patches there, will surely be a turn-off especially for first time house buyers. After all, if you were selling a car, wouldn’t it make sense to wash it before you present it to prospective buyers?
So knowing this ultra-important backgrounder, what can you do as a prospective home-seller to abide by the industry standards and perhaps have an advantage of dozens of competing?
Read on and we’ll enumerate some of the things you need to know before starting that major paint job.
• REALLY. Except if you have already done something similar before. But please, if you don’t have any prior experience, let the house painter experts handle it for you (more reasons to believe that, next).
• Obviously, you can’t let the paint touch your walls right away (outside or inside the house). Holes, grease, scratches and any other evidence of wear and tear from your usage of this place must be completely eradicated first. Primer is needed if this house paint job is your first after a long time and a little overall wash can do the trick.
• This is where the expertise comes really handy. Professional home painters in Toronto and GTA can give you an advice or two. They could give you seasonal related tips, help you to touch-up, assist you in comparing samples, and estimate how many pints of paint you will need for the whole house. There’s science somewhere in it and we assure you that it isn’t magic.
• Yes, you read that right. Color can make or break first impressions. And home painting experts agree with a resounding answer – neutral will go a long way. White, beige and brown are three of the most popular options as these hues blend well with any type of surroundings and landscapes.
• Get a colour consultation from an expert if in doubt.
Ready to paint your home before the big sale? We hope you got something from our discussion above, be sure to come back for more tips from one of the most trusted local home painting companies in Toronto!
Home Painters Toronto, is one of the top rated painting companies in Toronto and the GTA especially dedicated to making your house painting experience as pleasurable as possible by expert house painters and high end brand home Paints and supplies from Benjamin Moore, Behr ,etc. We take our jobs very seriously and are committed to delivering the best paint job for you.
In order to ensure YOUR satisfaction, we offer you the following during our house painting services:
Ultimately, we want to exceed your expectations. As one of the best painting companies in Toronto and the GTA, we are dedicated to making your house and apartment the best prize it can be. And don’t just take it from us, please see our reviews from our clients at www.HomeStars.com and you will see what our customers have to say about their interior house painting experience with professional Home Painters Toronto first hand!