Are you ready to get started with painting your kitchen? Our blog and Pinterest galleries have lots of great kitchen painting ideas, and our blogs are stuffed with tips and how-tos. But before you go ahead and dive right in, take a minute to consider the following key ‘Do’s and Don’ts’ when it comes to a high-quality kitchen painting job.
Things to Think About For Your Next Kitchen Renovation
DON’T plan on being able to use your kitchen for up to a week
- Especially if you’re painting and installing kitchen floors. It’s hard to cook while floating above the ground.
- Whether it’s giving the walls a fresh look or painting cabinets, paint will always need time to set up and cure.
- You should be especially careful to give ample time for paint to dry in kitchens. Big items like fridges and stoves can easily mark the walls, and even cooking can be difficult in a painting zone.
DO remember to stock up before Renovating your Kitchen
- Whether it’s medication, perishable food, or Grandma’s good china, make sure it’s out of the way of the kitchen painting and where you can get to it easily at all times.
DON’T rush during Kitchen Painting
- Because the kitchen is such a central part of the home that sees a lot of traffic and a lot of mess, the only way to make sure you get a quality, long-lasting kitchen painting job is to take your time with the preparations and make sure all the paint, primer, or stain dries completely.
- Follow our tips on cleaning, filling, and sanding all surfaces to make sure it’s done right the first time
DO plan your entire renovation at once
- If you are changing your kitchen cabinetry, this has been known for taking significant delays since most of the time they are all custom made, especially modern kitchen cabinets. So make sure you order this first.
- This way you won’t run into time issue problems down the line when it comes time to finish the rest of your work. You don’t want to paint yourself into a corner and limit your options in the future.
- Keeping an eye on the big picture items, making small frustrations easier to deal with.
DON’T settle for “good enough”
- This is your kitchen! Your sanctuary! Plan on making it perfect.
DO consider hiring a fully licensed Toronto painting contractor
- You’ll reap the benefits of professional experience and high quality workmanship.
- You get to work with fully licensed and insured workers.
- The final result will be top quality and last for years.
- It will be finished a lot sooner and with a lot less stress than if you were to tackle the project on your own, so you can get back to using and loving your kitchen faster.
With more than 25 years’ experience as painting as professional kitchen painters in Toronto and the GTA, let our experience do the heavy lifting. Please call us NOW at 416.494.9095, or email us at [email protected] to get a FREE quote for your kitchen renovation!