Best Exterior House Paint Type – When it comes to painting your house, you’ll want to know what kind of paint to use for the outside of your house, the types of exterior paint, and just what paint is best for the outside of your house. Read on to discover the right exterior paint type for your house!
Picking The Right Exterior Paint Type
You’ll want to ask yourself some questions before you start painting the exterior of your house, and the answers will inevitably be a huge factor in which paint you decide to use!
Question 1: What Kind of Exterior Paint Should I Use?
- Choose the right exterior paint that will be compatible with the siding you have, whether Brick, Vinyl, or Wood, this is important for finding paint with the best adhesion and the longest wear.
Question 2: What kind of Exterior Paint is Available?
- There are a ton of different types
of exterior paint such as; oil, latex, acrylic, alkyd and of course primers and stains. You wouldn’t want to paint the outside of your house with a primer, but before any painting is done, using a primer is always a smart method to protect the surface you are painting.
Question 3: Which Exterior Paint is Best?
- If you have brick siding on the exterior of your home, you’ll want to use a paint specifically made for brick. One option is electrodynamic paint, which lasts well because it has an elasticity that seeps into all the cracks and is more easily applied since you’ll do fewer coats. But, it’s not the only option. Using acrylic latex paint is a more cost efficient choice but may require more effort when applying.
- If you have vinyl siding on the exterior of your home, you’ll want to use a paint that is compatible with vinyl. Because vinyl expands so often, it’s important to use an acrylic paint. Acrylic seems to be one of the most common paints used on exterior surfaces. Because of the durability and long lasting results – acrylic paint is a good option for your vinyl sided house.
- If you have a house with wood siding, a good exterior wood stain may be a nice enough fit to sharpen up the exterior of your house. Be sure that you use a quality stain. There are a ton of shades of stain to choose from and you can also mix two different stains for a customized color.
- When your options are narrowed down to which type of exterior paint you should use, also factor in the appearance of which color you decide to go with. Pick a shade of stain that will compliment the rest of your property as well, or pick a color of paint that will really highlight the architectural design of your house.
Now that you have weighed out your options and discovered how to pick the right exterior paint type for your house, your choices are narrowed down and it will be a much less stressful decision! We’ll leave it to you to pick the colour though. If you find yourself simply too occupied with your busy life and can’t find the time to pick the right type of exterior paint for your house in Toronto, why not call Home Painters Toronto and we’ll do it for you!
Read this blog to know about popular exterior house paint colors combination.