Use Paint For Budget Fix Ups
Use Paint For Budget Fix Ups
Paint For Budget Fix Ups – There are many ways for you to save a buck, and using paint for minor fix ups around the house is a particularly good one. You can easily transform a dull, old bathroom vanity into a wonderfully vibrant looking new one with a little paint! Or maybe you’ve caught yourself looking repeatedly at that chip on the ceiling, or scuffs that have appeared on various walls around your home. Whatever your fix up is, there’s a good chance you could solve it on a cheap budget by using a little bit of paint!
1. Making Old Objects Appear New with Budget Fix Ups
- From painting the frame of the accent mirror in your entryway to having your coffee table match the rest of your living room, it’s easy to find a stunning paint colour that resembles metal or deep hardwood. With a steady hand and an afternoon to yourself you can transform your old furniture and make it look brand new.
- You can even paint the bathroom or kitchen counter to look like a marble or granite countertop!
- We’ve just told you about painting the furniture, and doing the walls is a given, but what about the floor? With the right paint you can even paint the floor and get a faux wood look without having to install actual hardwood! This idea is especially great for the bathroom if you’re going for a rustic look. As you may already know, laminate or hardwood should never be installed in bathrooms, kitchens, and most basements because of possible moisture damage. With that in mind, why not use paint to give it the appearance of wood instead? It’s very budget friendly, and not nearly as big a job as floor replacement!
- Here’s an idea for those do-it-yourself enthusiasts: make your own wallpaper! A lot of the wallpaper you can buy these days is tacky, so why not create your own and use it for an accent wall in your home? You can take pages out of a comic book, coat them with wallpaper paste, and then apply a topcoat of clear paint over it. Voila! You just made your own wallpaper, perfect for the creative folk among you or a child’s bathroom!
2. Fixing Up Imperfections Around Your Home
- Best budget fix ups around your home are easy to take care of with a little paint. If you see a tear in your ceiling it’s very simple to patch it up and paint over it. Just make sure there isn’t any serious water damage, as there could be an underlying problem that could persist into the future. Take a close look just in case.
- Walls getting scuffed up? If you can’t get the scuffs out, or you don’t want to deal with the paint coming off as you attempt to scrub it clean, just paint over it! You can simply match the paint colour, or even paint the whole wall with primer and then paint over that to seal in the imperfections! Much nicer and easier than an unnecessary patch job.
You can pretty much paint anything you see around your home, so don’t be afraid to use it for fix ups around the house! Now that you have read about some ways to use paint for budget fix ups, you can proudly tell people how much it cost to design your expensive looking home! Don’t have time? Let Home Painters Toronto do the work! Give us a call today at 416-494-9095 or email Brian@HomePaintersToronto.com!