Latest news from Home Painters on COVID-19
Dear community, we hope you and your loved ones are safe at home. We understand these are very difficult times, but we’re in this with you.
You have reached out to us with several questions regarding the types of jobs we can still do and about all of your in-process renovations. We had direct contact with the Government of Ontario, to clarify it. These are the guidelines, which we took directly from the List of Essential Workplaces (April, 3) and that we are following to assess whether we can continue or start a job for you:
Maintenance, repair and property management services strictly necessary to manage and maintain the safety, security, sanitation and essential operation of institutional, commercial, industrial and residential properties and buildings.
- Construction projects and services associated with the healthcare sector, including new facilities, expansions, renovations and conversion of spaces that could be repurposed for health care space.
- Construction projects and services required to ensure safe and reliable operations of, or to provide new capacity in, critical provincial infrastructure, including transit, transportation, energy and justice sectors beyond the day-to-day maintenance.
- Critical industrial construction activities required for,
- industrial construction and modifications to existing industrial structures limited solely to work necessary for the production, maintenance, and/or enhancement of Personal Protective Equipment, medical devices (such as ventilators), and other identified products directly related to combatting the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Residential construction projects where,
- a footing permit has been granted for single family, semi-detached and townhomes
- an above grade structural permit has been granted for condominiums, mixed use and other buildings, or
- the project involves renovations to residential properties and construction work was started before April 4, 2020.
- Construction and maintenance activities necessary to temporarily close construction sites that have paused or are not active and to ensure ongoing public safety.
Summary of jobs we could work on (case by case assessment) after the latest COVID-19 news from April 3,2020:
Renovations and repairs that threaten your safety, ei.:
- Restoration for Smoke and Fire Damage
Repair, Restoration and Painting for:
- Flooding and Water Damage
- Mould and Mildew (Interior and Exterior)
Poisoning / Dust and Dirt Prone Surfaces Removal:
- Asbestos removal
- Lead Poisoning
- Popcorn Ceiling Removal
Safety and Security Repairs:
- Damaged or broken home structures or surfaces
- Caulking (repair or installation) to isolate from the exterior
Cleaning and Sanitation:
- Of homes and small businesses that require a deep clean and disinfection to avoid the spread of viruses. Review our Improtant Information regarding this service below.
Healthcare Maintenance Projects
Healthcare Renovations or Adaptations for COVID-19
or Call us at (416) 494 9095
As a company, we will be monitoring the Canadian health authorities daily to ensure we follow their instructions as to best contain the COVID-19 virus.
We appreciate your patience regarding this challenging time. We take this virus very seriously and are taking as many precautions as possible to ensure the safety of you, our employees, and the community.
All the best and continued good health and safety
Owner and Founder
Important information when you hire our cleaning and disinfection services:
According to the Federal Government, Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold, to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV), and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). The Federal Government is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that has been named “SARS-CoV-2,” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”).
Currently there are no disinfectants that have been tested specifically for this particular emerging viral pathogen. The CDC is recommending a labelled Hospital Grade disinfectant with claims against similar type organisms to SARS-CoV-2. The disinfectants the workers will use meet this criterion. Product information can be found in Technical Data and Safety Data Sheets, available upon request.
As part of their cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting, workers will clean a variety surfaces with special attention paid to frequently touched surfaces, such as doorknobs, light switches, countertops, keyboards and desks. They will use industry-standard protocols; non-porous surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected, porous surfaces will be cleaned. A specific scope of work will be communicated to you before the start of work.
While we believe this protocol is effective to clean and disinfect, we cannot provide assurances that all pathogens will be eliminated. Of course, any area may be infected later if exposed to someone who is contagious with any pathogen. It is important that you continue to follow the Federal Government’s recommendations found on their website’s link: https://www.canada.ca/en/