The cost for exterior brick staining is very similar to the price of exterior brick painting. However, that is a topic for another day. Deciding to get your exterior brick stained is an exciting event. The bricks of your exterior is an underrated feature that deserves justice in 2021. Exterior brick staining requires specialized materials, which makes the cost slightly higher but does not fret; it is only about a 5% increase compared to a paint job.
Exterior Brick Staining Cost
Brick Staining by Home Painters Toronto
Cost to Stain Exterior Brick
Before you determine your exterior makeover’s costs, it is paramount that you pick the right company. Home Painters Toronto has over 30 years of experience, exterior, interior; we do it all at an elite level. Do your research and find companies with decades of reviews and ratings compared to newer companies who are finding their footing in the painting world. Now, assuming that you have selected the right company, the cost for exterior brick staining may surprise you.
- • Bungalows (800-1200 square feet) equal to $5.00-$5.83 per square foot. The total will be range to $4,000 and can go up to $7,000.
- • Two-story houses (1500-2500 square foot) start at $4.00-$6.00 per square foot. It will be a low of $6,000 to $8,000, with a high of $10,000 to $15,000.
- • Three-story houses (3000+ square foot) equal to $3.20-$5.71 per square foot. In total it will start from $8,000 to $20,000.
- • These prices are assuming that the job is done is using solid stains, which is what most homeowners desire for exterior brick staining.
Process for Exterior Brick Staining
The process requires general prep for this job to be done successfully. However, before exterior brick staining is started, the bricks need to be cleaned. A heavy pressure wash is not ideal; instead, you want to sprinkle the water, so it clears off all the dust. Do not fret; in most cases, painters can go right on top of the brick; this is only needed if you are in an area with construction around.
- • Fixing the grout area requires minor filling with grout caulking.
- • Brick replacement is a specialized task that needs a bricklayer or mason laborer.
- • Removal of cables, mailboxes, downspouts are necessary for the stain to go on smoothly.
- • Brush, rolls and spray are used, dependent on circumstances; for example, if there are a lot of cars nearby, painters should be wary not to overspray.
Exterior brick staining requires a lot more planning for painters; it is crucial to know that not all paint companies are the same. Here at Home Painters Toronto, we provide free estimates of your home and will give you a rundown on the amount of prep needed for your exterior brick staining dream.
Time is always an essential factor for both the home-owner and the painter. Both want the jobs done as quickly as possible, but sometimes the home-owner has rose-coloured glasses with this abstract concept of time. The painter will generally provide a time span for any job they are about to start, so it is beneficial for the home-owner and painter to stick within this frame.
- • Exterior brick staining completion generally starts at two to three days minimum.
- • For a typical home, the job can take up to one week.
- • Larger homes (two to three stories) range from one to two weeks.
- • All these ranges are weather permitting; the harsher the conditions, the more time it will take.
Mother nature can be cruel, but you are not. Painters need safe working conditions. Sometimes they will have to wait until the temperature reaches at least 10 degrees before working outside. If it is like a sauna outside, the workers will need some lemonade and time under the shade.
Factors that Effect the Cost
Yes, there is more to consider for the cost of exterior brick staining. The painting world can be a precarious one due to unforeseen circumstances, so it is best for you, the home-owner, to become knowledgeable about these scenarios before it hits you like a brick wall (pun intended).
- • The amount of prep, washing down the bricks, removing fixtures, filling grout are all extra prep work needed that will add to the cost.
- • Speed of the job, if you are in a rush and need to job done as soon as possible, there will most likely be a premium cost to get it done quicker.
- • Anything more than two to three weeks, look for a new company that isn’t as booked as the one who considered hiring.
- • The difficulty of the job is the most essential factor, larger homes may require the usage of specialized ladders, lifts, and other tools will end up costing more.
- • Method of payment, stick with cash, cheques or transfers as credit card companies may charge a merchant fee that will add on the price if you don’t do things the old-fashioned way.
- • Size of the job, the larger the square footage, the larger the bill
The final thing you need to consider is how many coats are required for the exterior brick staining. Generally speaking, there should be two coats involved. If you are going from light to dark or dark to light, it can entail three coats. Talk to your service provider about the amount of coats needed, as the lower amount will have a lower price.
How much does it cost to stain exterior brick?
Exterior Brick Staining
Top Related Blogs to “Exterior Brick Staining Cost”
If you’re thinking of doing some home exterior painting but don’t want to do the work yourself, let our exterior painters help! Even if you are undecided, professional house painters can help you with any problems or questions you may have. If the work involved sounds like it involves too much time and energy to do yourself, call 416.494.9095 or email brian@HomePaintersToronto.com for a FREE quote. And don’t forget to follow us on all our social channels below as well!
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, we take our jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.