Cheap Painting Quote – With the high number of paint contractors in Toronto and the GTA today, many are willing to underbid to get a painting contract job. Its part of what happens in a slow economy and over saturated market.
So you’re ready to hire a professional painting contractor to paint your house in Toronto or the GTA. You’ve done your due diligence by calling around and getting several house painting quotes. One painting cost estimate, however, stands out from the rest. It’s by far the cheapest painting quote.
If you were shopping at the mall for the same pair of shoes, it sometimes makes sense to grab the pair with the lowest price. But when it comes to hiring a professional painter, the lure of a super cheap painting quote can come back to haunt you in more ways than you’d ever want to imagine.
Is that painting quote Too Good to be True?
Some house painting contractors prey on homeowner with unrealistically “cheap painting quote” because after all, cost of painting a house is usually the biggest deciding factor in any renovation. Saving a few hundred, even thousands, is just too much for many to ignore.
But behind that cheap painting cost estimate comes a price and it’s you, the homeowner, who pays for it in the end.
Here are the underhanded mechanics behind those unrealistic “cheap painting cost estimate”
- A painter may simply be trying to outbid the competition to land your job. Then unexpected problems will arise resulting in additional costs and forcing the homeowner into a corner to get the job done.
- You get what you pay for. The job may get done as promised and according to the cheap painting quote which they’ve given to you but in order to turn a profit low quality paints are used, the job is rushed (e.g. no drop sheeting), steps like proper wall prep, and priming are skipped, and inexperienced low-wage painters are hired.
- These house painters often lack proper training and experience and must price low in order to secure jobs. Add that to other factors such as using inferior products/paints and you’ll likely to end up with a job that will simply disappoint.
- Running a reputable business costs money. A freelance house painter can charge a low price because they don’t have a business license, carry general liability insurance or workers compensation coverage. That leaves the financial risk of property damage, accidents and injury on you.
- Such low and cheap painting cost estimates often involve “cash deals” and don’t come with any official contract. If there are problems with the work, chasing them for warranty coverage will be next to impossible.
A wise man once said, “There’s a high price for a low bid.
Don’t fall victim to the low cost estimate. Your home is your castle and your investment in a professional and consumer reviewed painter will go a long way to creating a more enjoyable – and valuable – home.
Remember if the painting quote sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
At Home Painters Toronto, we work hard to provide both the highest level of service and the lowest painting cost estimates.
We use only top quality painting products such as Behr, Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams and stand behind our work with a Two Year Quality Guarantee. Our track record of over 25 years in the painting industry is proven. We carry and maintain an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau and our many satisfied clients – 100+ reviews and counting – have made us a Top Rated Toronto and the GTA house painting Company on HomeStars.com.
Call 416.494.9095 or email us at Brian@HomePaintersToronto.com to schedule a no obligation, FREE in-home or Online consultation and we’ll show you why earning your trust is our #1 priority. Fill the form now to get a FREE house painting quote which you can rely on now.