positive raving reviews
Best value for your money
GET A FREE ESTIMATE NOW!
We understand why you want to get rid of your outdated bricks and enjoy a new curb appeal. We’ve helped hundreds of homes with Staining their Bricks professionally and with 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed on paper. Seamless, painless, fast.
Brick Staining by Home Painters Toronto
BRICK STAINING QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Frequently asked questions when it comes to brick staining
1. what’s the difference between brick staining and painting?
Brick staining is actually better for the health of the bricks themselves as the stain allows them to breathe. If you go with brick stain, it rarely fades over time as the stain basically becomes a part of the brick. Brick stain doesn’t simply cover the brick like a paint does, but it fully adheres and becomes a permanent fixture.
Brick stain works to stop water from absorbing as well, so there’s a real longevity to it. Not to mention the prevention of cracking and peeling, which can occur with painting brick over the years.
People are often unsure if they can even stain their bricks or they ask themselves if it’s the right way to go for their home.
If your bricks have not been painted or stained before, you can 100% stain your bricks! If you’re unsure, simply do the quick water splash test. If the brick absorbs the water, it can be stained. If the water does not absorb and beads down the wall, it cannot be stained.
Not only does brick staining work to maintain the original aesthetics of the home and architecture, but it’s healthier for the brick itself, more cost effective in the long run and can last upwards of 15 years!
2. what colours are available for brick staining?
There are so many colours to choose from when it comes to brick stain! If you’re thinking of stain, one thing to consider is whether you should go semi-transparent or solid. Generally, if you’re happy with the look of your bricks and you want to change the hue, go with a semi-transparent brick stain. By going with semi-transparent, you’re keeping the integrity of the brick, but just changing the colour.
It depends on what you are trying to achieve. We can go from light to dark with the stain or even the opposite. We also offer special brick stain matching to your original bricks!
The Ultimate Premium Brick Staining
Are you on the lookout for something extra special and unique when it comes to brick staining? If you’re looking to match up your stain to previously existing walls, this is certainly a less expensive option than replacing a whole wall! We offer the ultimate premium of brick staining. Completely specialized and not for the faint of heart, our seasoned brick staining experts are capable of completing even the trickiest of brick staining jobs. This option does work out to be two times the price in most cases, but you will be astonished with the results!
3. How much does it cost to stain brick?
Exterior brick staining is one of the easiest ways to make a big change on your curb appeal. After spending so many years with the same bricks (and for the past year also at home), we understand how important it is to pull off such a project. So, if you’re thinking of painting the exterior bricks of your home, in Toronto and the GTA, you have to think about the conditions of the bricks you’re painting and if any work needs to be done. Another consideration is to understand if your bricks were previously painted or sealed since that won’t allow the stain to stick (more on that later).
But don’t let this overwhelm you and stop you to continue with your project, we’ll help you get a better idea of this process and most importantly, the costs involved in doing it.
A lot of people stop and consider — Does brick staining last and is worth it? If you can (based on the condition of your bricks), 100% of the time we recommend going with staining since it becomes part of the brick and according to the stain manufacturers it can last over 15 years (but it normally lasts much longer). You’ll want to know what their painting cost per square foot usually averages out to be. You’ll also want to think about their hourly rate and the average cost to paint a house. So, let’s dig right in and get started!
General brick staining costs in Southern Ontario:
Important to note, although prices at Home Painters may vary, brick staining starts at $2,495 CAD + HST. Getting a better price by bundling other painting, carpentry, or handyman services will grow your project and help you save money.
Average job size for Exterior Brick Staining
The size of a project is one of the major factors that influence the cost of exterior brick staining. Typically, based on the size of the project, the cost is about:
- Bungalows 800-1200 Sq. Ft: $4,000 to $7,000 CAD + HST
- Home 1500-2500 Sq. Ft: $6,000 to $15,000 CAD + HST
- Home 2500-3500 Sq. Ft: $8,000 to $20,000 CAD + HST
Price per Square Foot
Using these measurements, we can give you an average cost per square foot so you can know the cost before your project begins.
Cost for Exterior Brick Staining: $3.2 to $5.8 CAD + HST per square foot.
Average completion time for Exterior Brick Staining
Most people wonder how long it takes to paint the exterior brick of a house. There are many types and sizes of Toronto homes, but the entire process can take 2 to 3 days for smaller to medium-sized houses, and up to one to two weeks for larger projects.
4. What could affect the price of staining brick?
- The difficulty of the job. A project of exterior brick staining will cost you more if you need it to reach areas that might be difficult to access (i.e. fixtures outside, oddly placed corners that require a special machine to reach). Such areas require extra effort and will incur more expenses.
- How soon you want it done, and how fast you need it done. In this case, your painting company might need to pay extra for extra hours, move a job, or cancel one, which could increase the price.
- Tied to the previous point, if you have a flexible schedule you can take advantage of a low season like the end of winter or the end of summer to get it done.
- The size of the job. The larger the job, the lower the price per unit.
- Payment terms i.e. Visa vs e-transfer. A lot of clients like to use their credit cards for many reasons, however, these payments come with a fee that increases the overall price.
- The amount of preparation involved. i.e. isolating to avoid painting undesired areas (i.e removing plants, covering and taping).
- Number of coats that are involved. The number of coats involved depends on the color you choose. A higher number of coats means a higher price for exterior brick staining.
- Number of colours: if you can keep it to 5 colours max that will not increase the price because there are less difficulty and paint (stain) waste.
- Different types of paint can increase cost. We use high-quality paint so you can rest assured you’re well covered. Nevertheless, if you want something very specific and ultra-premium that can potentially increase the price.
Some common questions for professional house painting services.
Will you include the paint, materials and labour?
Yes, we include up to 5 colours of paint (stain in this case), also all the materials and labour are included.
Do I have to move my own furniture before the painters come?
Usually yes, painters can do it for you but that will add on the hours of your project and it will increase your overall estimate. But!, if there’s any oversized furniture that you cannot move on your own, it’s normally ok to ask them to give you a hand to move it a bit to allow them to paint.
Exterior Brick Staining Cost
- Labour, paint and materials included.
- Labour, paint and materials included.
- Labour, paint and materials included.
- Labour, paint and materials included.
What to do now that you are ready to paint your Exterior Brick:
Firstly, give us a call or e-mail for a free quote on your exterior brick staining!
Our brick staining expert will arrive on-site to give you an assessment and a detailed estimate, featuring everything you want repaired and restored.
The job will get booked and we’ll set up an ideal starting date.
On the first day, we will do a brief walk-through to ensure we’re on the same page.
From there, we’ll get started with the brick staining! You’ll be kept in the loop every step of the way.
Once we have finished the job, we’ll clean up any messes and ensure the site is left spotless!
Then, we’ll do a final walk-through with you to make sure you are completely happy with the job before we consider it complete!
If you’re not around, we will call, text or email to set up a proper time for the final walk-through. We are not satisfied until you’re fully satisfied!
Nonetheless, we don’t process your final payment until you tell us that you’re completely happy with our work. To prove that we are 100% confident in our ability to take care of you, we offer a 15-year warranty on all brick staining services!
Customer Testimonials for Brick Staining Projects
Exterior Brick Staining
Client Testimonial – Magdiel Brick Staining
Exterior Brick and House Painting
Don’t let this happen to you: Getting a bad brick staining job.
A lot of homeowners regret going with a cheap and inexperienced contractor or not checking how reliable the company is and how much expertise they have in the matter. Unfortunately, many times they embark on brick staining without a formal contract to make sure they’re getting the job right.
With Home Painters Toronto, we’ll leave all the specifications for your brick staining project on paper so you can rest assured your job will fulfill the standards we both set up.
EXTERIOR BRICK STAINING GALLERY
Top blogs to check out related to brick staining
WHY FEEL SECURE USING
The Best Warranties in the Industry
Regular Health and Safety Inspections
We Aren’t Satisfied Until You Are Satisfied
Full Workers Compensation
5 Million General Liability Insurance
Criminal Background Checks
What Makes Home Painters Toronto Unique?
- – We offer the best quality painting services and back it up with a “Lifetime Warranty on Interiors”
- – We also offer a 2 year and extended warranty on exteriors
- – 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
- – 30 years of proven experience
- – 1000+ raving online reviews
- – 15,000+ satisfied clients
- – #1 rated painter on HomeStars, winner 5 times and 3 years in a row!
- – We are open 7 days a week
- – We offer same day pricing
- – We can schedule your project within 1-2 business days or sooner
- – We offer one or 2 day painting services
1 stop shop
- – We are a full-service painting company
- – Professional carpentry and handyman services
- – Plus specialty niche painting services such as professional kitchen and bath cabinet spraying, exterior brick staining, faux painting, and much more!
- – We offer no interest payment plans
- – We also offer ‘no fee’ credit card payments, as well as paypal, e-transfers, cheque, or cash
If you want to stain your bricks, then contact us NOW! We’d be happy to turn your dream into a reality.
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, we take our jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.