GET A FREE ESTIMATE NOW!
We know how much Canadians love their homes and how important it is for us to take care of the exteriors as well. To drastically increase the curb appeal and allow your exteriors to truly shine staining your deck and fence is a must. If you spend time outdoors, it’s truly a great investment that you won’t regret every time you step outside. At Home Painters Toronto, we offer the top services for deck and fence staining. We can make help make your deck and fence look like new again!
One of the top concerns for clients when it comes to deck and fence stain is that they consistently wonder if they should even be staining it in the first place. The truth of the matter is that unless the wood is really rotted out and beyond repair, you can stain it. There might be some sanding, repair work and new panels involved in the prep process, but there is certainly no reason why your deck cannot be made beautiful again with stain!
Which are the COLOUR AND TRANSPARENCY options to stain your deck?
Clear stain really acts as more of a sealant than anything else. It seeps deep into the wood and works to form a clear film or seal on the deck’s surface while still maintaining the naturalness and integrity of the wood. By using a clear sealant or stain, it really works to create a protective layer that helps to minimize damages caused by moisture and weather. If you have a beautiful deck where you are completely happy with the colour and grain, a clear stain could be your ideal option.
Transparent / translucent
Transparent or translucent stain does work to change the hue of the wood, but really, this stain works as an upgrade to offer up more of the wood’s natural details while still adding some tint. Transparent deck shades are more limited, falling in the brown range. These stains are always a good option if you’re looking to sell because this choice is the most economical and simply provides a nice little revamp if the wood is looking dry or starting to splinter.
TOP Colours FOR TRANSPARENT / TRANSLUCENT STAIN
Semi-transparent stain works to add a bit more colour as you can find some of the darker tones and stains for wood in this finish. The great thing about semi-transparent stain is that since it’s lightly pigmented, it does change the colour and offer a new richness and depth, but it still allows for the grain of the wood to be appreciated. Semi-transparent stains still work to protect the wood from the elements as well.
Solid stains basically work as a paint colour because they’re non-penetrating, meaning that they lay upon the surface of the wood. A great point about solid stains though is that they can work to hide any imperfections your wood has and the solid stains come in a variety of colours as well. Wood that is treated with a solid stain is also fairly easy to clean and the opaqueness of the stain really protects the wood from UV rays too. Since solid stain is more so like a paint though, it can peel and crack over long periods of time.
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER Deck Staining
Protect Your Investment
Most stains double as water-sealants which will protect your deck or fence from the effects of weather. For example, rain and snow are both major culprits when it comes to warped and rotten boards.
Not only does re-staining protect the wood boards, but it also strengthens them to defend against normal wear-and-tear. To put it simply, a fresh coat of stain extends the life of your deck or fence. When you pair the defensive properties of stain with thorough preparation of the area, including replacing or repairing any cracked or rotted boards, you get even better protection!
Increase Curb Appeal and Property Value
Small cosmetic changes to the exterior of your house can greatly boost the curb appeal of your home when it comes time to sell. However, staining can be a labor intensive process and the finish can peel or crack if not done correctly. Always get a professional opinion before tackling a big project like this on your own. Remember, a home with a well maintained backyard offers more usable space for potential buyers, maximizing the value of your plot of land.
Add Colour and Personality
Want to add a touch of personality to your property without the added expense and hassle of landscaping or gardening? A professionally stained fence or deck can add a bit of visual interest that gives your property serious curb appeal!
Lucky for you, we offer clear, transparent, semi-transparent, and solid stains. All staining applications have their own merits, and we’ll make sure that we give you the right advice for your situation. We like to stick to reliable name-brands like BEHR, Dulux, and Benjamin Moore.
Re-staining your deck or fence can be up to 90% cheaper than replacing it! Not only that, but it can actually keep you from having to replace or rebuild for years to come.
By preserving and maintaining your deck and fence, you are also preserving the environment and wasted material costs. The amount of material it takes to rebuild a fence or deck is enormous and costly. This is why its much more prudent cost-wise as well as a benefit to the environment to perform regular routine maintenance than to replace your fence and deck.
We Repair and Replace Rotted and Damaged Wood on your Decks and Fences
- * damaged fence panels
- * rotted posts and railings
- * replacing deck floorboards
- * rotted deck spindles and handles
HOME PAINTERS TORONTO’S EXTERIOR FENCE AND DECK STAINING SERVICES INCLUDE:
- * Lattice Staining and Painting
- * Porch Staining and Painting
- * Deck floors Staining and Painting
- * Steps and Treads Staining and Painting
- * Pickets and Spindles Staining and Painting
- * Gazebo Staining and Painting
- * Sheds Staining and Painting
- * Trellis Staining and Painting
- * Posts Staining and Painting
- * Deck Railings Staining and Painting
Here is what to do when you are ready for professional deck staining
- * First, contact us and ask for a free quote!
- * The exterior painting season is very short in Ontario
- * Don’t waste your valuable time!
- * We have the fastest response service in the business
- * Our exterior painting expert will arrive on-site
- * They will give you an assessment & color consultation
- * You’ll receive a detailed estimate
- * This is where the the job is booked and we’ll set an ideal start date
- * We will help you pick the right colours based on your needs
- * We’ll charge your deposit
- * And confirm any other exterior scope details
- * We will show up on time on the first day of the job and do a walk through
- * Next, we will set out an action plan and get started!
- * We begin by tackling the areas that need tending to
- * Be assured that we will cover your yard in drop sheets for protection
- * Then, we will diligently scrape, sand, caulk, fill, and prime areas
- * We finish off with two coats of fresh paint!
- * Communication is crucial for us with our clients
- * We’ll be sure to give you regular updates
- * Once our painting is finished, we will clean up the worksite
- * We’ll ensure that we leave it as clean as when we first found it!
- * We will do a final walk through with you to make sure that you are happy with the job
- * Remember, we are not satisfied until you are satisfied!
- * We do not process your final payment until we know you’re completely happy
- * We offer a two-year warranty on all of our exterior services!
Ready for professional fence or deck staining?
Send us an e-mail or pick up the phone and call us today! We’d be happy to give you a free quote and consultation. With more than thirty years of experience, you know that you can trust us to handle your exterior staining projects!
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, we take our jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.