positive raving reviews
Best value for your money
GET A FREE ESTIMATE NOW!
Painting vinyl windows and vinyl siding comes with a lot of questions for the homeowner. While it can be overwhelming at first, vinyl for windows and siding has been around for over 50 years, this is no new phenomenon in the painting industry. Whether you are hiring a painting service for this job or are up to the task yourself, let us help you with any questions or concerns about painting vinyl windows and siding.
Vinyl Windows and Vinyl Siding by Home Painters Toronto
Frequently asked questions when it comes to Vinyl Windows and Vinyl Siding
1. How to install vinyl siding?
Installing vinyl siding requires a large amount of prep and extensive research before doing the actual job. Assuming that you have all the necessary tools needed, including a level, hammer, chalk line, circular, and miter saw, installation of vinyl siding will be as smooth as possible for a DIY.
The steps to install vinyl siding are:
1. First, put in the starter strip
2. Next, lodge the inside corner posts
3. After the inside posts, lodge the outside corner posts
4. Finally, install the vinyl siding, starting with doors and windows and finishing with the roofline
2. How to cut & repair vinyl siding?
To cut and repair vinyl requires a tremendous amount of experience. If you are unsure of doing this task, seek professional help to aid you with this. However, if you are confident in your ability with vinyl siding, then Read down below to see the process of cutting and repairing vinyl.
• Make sure to have a utility knife
• Start at the top when cutting, make your way down to the base of the panel
• Go slow; you want to be precise when cutting vinyl
If a utility knife is not your forte, you can switch to a power saw to do the job. To avoid chipping, change the blade around, so it is reversed to get a smoother finish.
3. How to clean vinyl siding?
Cleaning vinyl siding should always come first before doing anything else to these panels. This siding goes through harsh weather conditions and needs proper care before you remove/install new pieces. Luckily, cleaning vinyl siding isn’t nearly as complicated as actually installing them.
The process varies, but generally speaking, you can clean by:
• Using a spongy cloth
• A power washer
• Solutions of vinegar and water
• Brand name cleaners
4. How to install vinyl siding around windows?
Vinyl siding around windows is best before you have done the majority of the installation of the rest of your home. The reason is that the area of windows is much more minuscule and requires greater attention to detail.
Installing Vinyl siding around windows can be broken down by:
1. Measuring the window length first
2. Make a one-inch notch on both sides of the nailing flange
3. Placing the vinyl siding with an overhang of one inch
4. Cutting four for each side of the window
5. Folding back the tabs on the two bottom corners
5. How to install & paint vinyl windows?
If you are on the fence about whether or not to install new windows or paint over your vinyl ones, this is entirely up to you. Installation of new vinyl windows is highly recommended because older windows can lead to more problems. While replacing your windows may be on the pricier side of things, it will be worth it in the long run. However, if you wish to paint your vinyl windows instead, this will save you more time and money. It is something that is also much easier to do by yourself!
1. Clean and allow the vinyl windows to dry
2. Sand down the windows
3. Use painter’s tape to avoid places you do not want to paint
4. Prime the windows with a primer that is explicitly used for vinyl
5. Apply two coats of paint
6. How to install vinyl replacement windows in a wood frame?
The process of installing vinyl replacement windows in a wood frame is meant for experienced individuals as this job requires a lot of precision and skill. Vinyl windows can only be installed in frames free of mold or any sort of residual build-up. It would help if you also had an opening that is not distorted in any way. An out-of-square frame will result in leaks, drafts, or a problematic window to open and close.
• Inspect the wood frame to make sure everything is in check with no dirt or mould
• Measure the height and width of the gap and have vinyl replacement windows with the exact dimensions
• Carefully remove the inside window stop without damaging it with a prybar
• Scrape off any old paint or caulk attached to the frame.
• Drive-in mounting screws to each side of the window
• Use caulk around the trim of the vinyl windows
• Place the new set of vinyl within the frame
7. What is the cost to paint vinyl windows and vinyl siding?
The cost to paint vinyl windows and vinyl siding is dependent on the material of your exterior, the prices would most likely jump for the finish. Fear not though, vinyl is one of the inexpensive siding materials to repaint. This is because of the recent innovations in materials.
Also, don’t forget, you can save yourself money by repainting your vinyl siding and windows instead of completely changing it altogether. That is why professional painters do not suggest changing your vinyl siding; you should only do so if it is degrading because of foul weather.
here are some general vinyl windows and vinyl siding painting costs
For you to find out how much vinyl window painting or vinyl siding painting will cost, you have to take a number of factors into account. The cost for vinyl siding painting varies, but it typically begins at $1,995 CAD + HST. Vinyl window painting starts at $100 CAD + HST per window. How do you save money with a small project? Consider combining other services, such as carpentry or painting, with the project to get a better price.
Average job size for vinyl window and vinyl siding painting
Vinyl siding painting cost and vinyl window painting cost are largely determined by the size of the project. We have estimated the costs for you based on three standard-sized houses in Toronto and GTA and the size of your windows.
Generally, based on the size of the project, the cost of vinyl siding painting is around:
• Bungalows 800-1200 Sq. Ft: $2,000 to $5,000 CAD + HST
• Home 1500-2500 Sq. Ft: $3,000 to $7,000 CAD + HST
• Home 2500-3500 Sq. Ft: $5,000- $10,000 CAD + HST
Based on the size of the window, the cost of vinyl window painting is approximate:
• Cost per Window: $150 to $300 CAD + HST
• Cost per French Window: $1,000 CAD + HST
Third level Dormers: $1,000 to $3,000 CAD + HST
Price per Square Foot for Vinyl Siding Painting
Using these measurements, we can give you a rough estimate of the cost per square foot so you can have a clear idea before you begin your project.
Cost for Vinyl Siding Painting: $2 to $4.2 CAD + HST per square foot
Average completion time for vinyl window and vinyl siding painting
Toronto homes can vary greatly in size, but the vinyl siding painting process can be completed within 2 to 5 days for both small and large houses.
In terms of vinyl window painting, it takes typically 1 to 3 hours per window to paint. On average, it takes 2 to 4 days for a small to medium-sized home and up to 14 days for a larger one.
What could affect the price of vinyl window and vinyl siding painting?
More than a handful of factors can affect the price for vinyl windows and vinyl siding, so it is paramount that you take note of these so you can get a better deal. Such things include:
• The amount of prep needed ( clutter removal, materials needed, size of the job)
• The urgency of the job; the quicker you want the job done, the more likely it will cost more. Rushing painters means more work at a higher pace, which requires more workers. Try to find middle groun with your hired paint service.
• Timing of the job (Summer has a higher demand for painting services).
• Payment method (stick with cash, cheques or e-transfers instead of credit card as admin fees cost more).
• The more clutter, the more work, which equals a higher price. If you can, try to remove as much clutter yourself safely, as it will end up costing you less
Some common questions for vinyl window and vinyl siding painting
1. Do I have to move my furniture before the painters come?
Usually, painters can do it for you, but that will add to your project hours and increase your overall estimate. But, if there’s any oversized furniture that you cannot move on your own, it ok to ask them to give you a hand to move it a bit to allow them to paint.
2. Will you include the paint, materials and labour?
The total price for the job includes up to five colours of paint and all the materials and labour.
Vinyl Windows and Vinyl Siding Painting Cost
- Labour, paint and materials included.
- Labour, paint and materials included.
- Labour, paint and materials included.
- Labour, paint and materials included.
These prices are just average ballpark price ranges. For a more accurate estimate, please fill out the web form on the page.
Vinyl Windows and Vinyl Siding GALLERY
Top blogs to check out related to VINYL WINDOWS AND VINYL SIDING PAINTING:
What to do now that you are ready for vinyl windows and vinyl siding painting (Step by Step):
Firstly, give us a call or e-mail for a free quote on your vinyl and aluminum window painting!
Our experts will arrive on-site to give you an assessment and a detailed estimate, featuring everything you want to be repaired and restored.
The job will get booked, and we’ll set up an ideal starting date.
On the first day, we will do a brief walk-through to ensure we’re on the same page.
From there, we’ll get started with the concrete painting! You’ll be kept in the loop every step of the way.
Once we have finished the job, we’ll clean up any messes and ensure the site is left spotless!
Then, we’ll do a final walk-through with you to make sure you are completely happy with the job before we consider it complete!
If you’re not around, we will call, text or email to set up a proper time for the final walk-through. We are not satisfied until you’re fully satisfied!
Nonetheless, we don’t process your final payment until you tell us that you’re completely happy with our work.
Prevent your home from getting inadequate vinyl installation!
Countless homeowners think a good deal from a contractor on Vinyl siding and windows is a steal. However, this just like many things, is too good to be true. Too many times these inexperienced contractors will bamboozle the home-owner with verbal agreements rather then practical and legitimate contracts.
Here at Home Painters Toronto, we will work with you every step of the way for your vinyl window and vinyl siding project. Everything will be on paper so you can relax a bit more knowing your home is getting top-notch service from experienced and honest individuals.
WHY FEEL SECURE USING
The Best Warranties in the Industry
Regular Health and Safety Inspections
We Aren’t Satisfied Until You Are Satisfied
Full Workers Compensation
5 Million General Liability Insurance
Criminal Background Checks
What Makes Home Painters Toronto Unique?
- – We offer the best quality painting services and back it up with a “Lifetime Warranty on Interiors”
- – We also offer a 3 year and extended warranty on exteriors
- – 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
- – 33 years of proven experience
- – 1000+ raving online reviews
- – 15,000+ satisfied clients
- – #1 rated painter on HomeStars, winner 6 times and 5 years in a row!
- – We are open 7 days a week
- – We offer same day pricing
- – We can schedule your project within 1-2 business days or sooner
- – We offer one or 2 day painting services
1 stop shop
- – We are a full-service painting company
- – Professional carpentry and handyman services
- – Plus specialty niche painting services such as professional kitchen and bath cabinet spraying, exterior brick staining, faux painting, and much more!
- – We offer no interest payment plans
- – We also offer ‘no fee’ credit card payments, as well as paypal, e-transfers, cheque, or cash
AREAS WE PROUDLY SERVE:
Dreaming to walk in a house that looks clean with vibrant colors that totally fit your personality. At Home Painters Toronto, we want to make this dream a reality, which is why we provide several different Locations near you.
Our cheerful, professional painters have experience painting essentially anything you can think of!
If you want to paint your vinyl window and siding, then contact us NOW! We’d be happy to turn your dream into a reality.
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, we take our jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.