Hiring a painting service in Toronto and the GTA gives you a lot to choose from. For a good reason, paint jobs never go out of style; having professionals ease your peace of mind is mandatory for having a genuinely successful paint service experience. Whether you do not have the time, experience or want to have DIY paint experience, hiring a painting service is an easy solution for all these issues.
What to Look For When Hiring a Painting Service?
Questions about how much you should pay a painter, what sort of rapport a paint service and homeowner have, and how to know if they can do a successful job are just a glimpse of what you should be asking yourself before you go and hire any painting service.
Proper Painting Service Etiquette
Looking for a company to hire can be a tedious thing. One friend may suggest a particular service, and on the other hand, one relative may tell you to avoid it at all costs. It can be pretty challenging to figure out what painting service best suits your needs. However, there are always things you can do to ensure you are getting a legitimate and honest company.
- • They are reasonable and don’t leave you hanging with your questions, 24-48 hours is a reasonable time frame for painters to contact you; anything higher, tread carefully
- • Getting a quote on sight is ideal; if they cannot, give them the time frame of 24-48 hours
- • Confirm insurance and liability claims with the company before they start to work
- • WSIB certificate is a must-have for contractors
- • Criminal background checks, these people are in your homes, you don’t want to be babysitting grown individuals
- • Research the positive and negative reviews
- • Use your intuition; we are all humans; after all, use this to your advantage when negotiating your project to see if the potential company means well
What You Can Do Before Hiring a Painting Service?
- • Try to make your interior as empty as possible, meaning removing all furniture, taking paintings off your walls, and overall all the clutter that gets in the painter’s way will benefit your price due to a quicker turnaround
- • How fast you want the job done, the more time you allow your painters to work, the less they will charge you
- • Aim for 5-7 days, two weeks maximum for a respectable time frame
- • Try to limit the number of painters that work inside your house; the less workforce, the more affordable it will be with a larger square footage house
- • Size of your home matters; try to avoid only doing one unit in your interior as there is always a setup cost
- • Limit the paint colors; a larger houses may 4-5 paint colors; talk to your painter and see if they can do 2-3 instead
How Much Should You Pay a Painter?
This all depends on the size of your home and the units you want to be painted. Remember, it is better to paint most of your home compared to a single unit like a bedroom. It will end up costing less if you get the hallways, doors and trims and bedrooms painted as the job.
Generally speaking, most houses in the GTA and Toronto range from 1200 square feet all the way up to 3000 square feet. It is essential to know this because the paint service you hire will always ask for your home’s dimensions before giving an estimate.
1200 Square Foot Interiors
- • Walls should range from $2.50 to $3.00 per square footage
- • Trim and Doors: $900- $1900
- • Ceilings: $0.75 to $1.25 per square footage
- • Closets: generally $75 for a small closest and $150 for walk-in closest
- • In total, $5700-$7500 for the whole interior
1600 Square Foot Interiors
- • Walls range from $2.25-$3.00 per square foot assuming ceilings are 9ft, it will be around $3500- $5000
- • Door Trims and frames range from $0.75-$1.50 per square foot; t would be about $1200-$2500
- • Ceilings start at $0.75-$1.25 per square foot; for the low end, it would average to $1200 and $2000 on the high end
- • Closest are $75 for a small closest and $150-175 for a walk-in closest
- • Altogether, the painting service should charge $6500-$10,000
2500 Square Foot Interiors
- • Walls: $2.25-$3.00 per square footage
- • Trim and Doors:$1800-$3100
- • Ceilings: $0.50-$0.75 per square footage
- • Closest: $75 for a regular size closest, $150-$175 for a larger closet
- • $9000 for all expenses, higher-end homes will average around the $13,000 mark
3000 Square Foot Interiors
- • Walls: $2.25 to $3.00 per square foot
- • Trim and Doors: $2220 on the low end and $3700 for the higher end
- • Ceilings: $0.50 to $0.75 per square foot
- • Closets: $75-$150
- • $11,500-$16,000 for all these elements considered
Top Related Blogs to “What to Look For When Hiring a Painting Service?”
If you reside in Toronto and the GTA and need some help figuring out the interior painting costs per square foot, don’t hesitate to call us! We will help you pick the colours you want and show you the latest painting and home renovation trends. Our home painting services with the best pro painters have been around now for over 30 years. Call 416.494.9095 or email [email protected] for a FREE quote for your home painting needs. And don’t forget to check us out on our social media channels below!
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, we take our jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.