Staircase Painting and Staining
Family owned for 35 years
positive raving reviews
GET A FREE ESTIMATE NOW!
We value and guarantee your privacy.
As painting contractors for more than thirty years, we know that there is a huge need for staircase painting, staining as well as staircase refinishing. That’s why we include it in our services! Staircases are one of the most used parts of your home.
The stairs themselves are the first part to get damaged or worn out, causing inconsistency and a bad look for the treads. These problems are even more obvious if your stairs are stained, in which case, there will be worn out patches in the middle where most of the traffic occurs. If that’s not bad enough, the risers, stringers, nosing, and pickets are often banged and worn out as well. For all of these reasons and more, you should allow Home Painters Toronto to come in and take care of your staircase painting, staining and refinishing!
Home Painters Toronto Staircase Painting, Staining & Refinishing
Frequently asked questions when it comes to
Staircase Painting and Staining
1. Is it really important to incorporate staircase painting, staining stairs or staircase refinishing into my home? Will it really make a difference in terms of modernizing the overall look of my space?
Whether or not you decide to have your staircase be a standout piece by using it to express some personality or you want it to seamlessly blend in with your decor, a well maintained and beautiful staircase painting or staircase refinishing can only work to add value to your home. Home Painters Toronto will handle everything from updating the stairs themselves as well as the handles, posts and treads. We’ll handle everything staircase related for you!
2. How much does it cost to paint or stain a stairway?
Important to notice, although we will provide different costs, at Home Painters, staircase painting starts at $2,495 + HST and staircase staining starts at $2,995 +hst. So what can you do if you have a smaller project? Well, consider bundling other painting, carpentry or handyman services to expand your project and get a better price.
Approximate prices for staircase painting
• Small to medium houses: $2,500 to $4,000 + HST
• Medium to large houses: $3,500 to $7,500 + HST
• Large to XL houses: $7,000 to $10,000+ + HST
Approximate completion times for staircase painting
• Small to medium houses: 5 to 8 business days
• Medium to large houses: 7 to 9 business days
• Large to XL houses: 8 to 10 business days
Approximate prices for staircase staining
• Small to medium houses: $3,500 to $5,000 + HST
• Medium to large houses: $5,000 to $8,000 + HST
• Large to XL houses: $8,000 to $10,000+ + HST
Approximate completion times for staircase staining
• Small to medium houses: 3 to 5 business days
• Medium to large houses: 4 to 8 business days
• Large to XL houses: 7 to 10 business days
***Or if you are in a rush, inquire about our 1 or 2 day painting services.***
What could affect the price of stairs painting/staining?
- • Difficulty to reach (strange corners that require special machinery to get to).
- • How soon you want it done, and how fast you need it done. Consider that if you’re in a rush and your painting company has a busy week they might need to pay for extra hours or even move or cancel a job, and that could increase the price.
- • Tied to the previous point, if you have a flexible schedule you can take advantage of a low season like the end of winter or the end of summer to get it done probably at a better rate.
- • The size of the job. The more work you give to your painting company, the lower the per-unit cost. How does this make sense? Well, some materials are cheaper by volume but also, moving around less or spending more time at one job decreases all the logistics and prep work costs.
- • Number of colours: if you can keep it to 5 colours or under, you will not see a price increase. The reason? there’s less difficulty to do the job and less paint or stain waste.
- • Different types of paint can increase the cost. We use Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore paint so you can rest assured you’re well covered. Nevertheless, if you want something very specific or ultra-premium that can potentially increase the price.
- • Payment terms i.e. Visa vs e-transfer. A lot of clients like to use their credit cards for many reasons, however, these payments come with a fee that increases the overall price.
- • The amount of preparation involved. (i.e. isolating to avoid painting undesired areas, removing plants, covering and taping). We normally don’t move your furniture and personal belongings so if you need help with that we can do it but it will add more time to the process and will increase the bill. (TIP: we can help on the spot to move some really large furniture, so don’t get hurt trying to do that and as long as it’s a fast move we’ll just do it for you!)
- • Heights: we need to bring scaffolding and assembling and disassembling will add time, thus, increasing the price.
3. Will you include the paint, materials and labour?
Yes, we include up to 5 colours of paint (stain in this case), also all the materials to protect and prepare the walls, handrails or floors as well as labour are included.
4. Do I have to move my own furniture before the painters come?
Usually yes, painters can do it for you but that will add on the hours of your project and it will increase your overall estimate. But!, if there’s any oversized furniture that you cannot move on your own, it’s normally ok to ask them to give you a hand to move it a bit to allow them to paint.
5. How long will my project take?
Most jobs will take 2 and 5 days. But if your in a rush, inquire about our 1 or 2 day painting services.
6. How do I pick my colours?
We can suggest some of the most popular colours to get you started from Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams. If you really need help, one of our experts can come to help you pick colours.
7. Who will you be sending to do my project?
The project will be completed by our in-house painters, who are all experienced and professionally trained (and not subcontractors).
Are you ready now for some staircase refinishing? If so, here is what to do:
- Contact us by phone or email and we will respond in lightning speed!
- Our staircase refinishing expert will show up on time and assess your needs. We will provide you with a detailed estimate on the spot or shortly thereafter.
- Once we book the job, we will work out an ideal start date, give an approximate completion date, confirm paint or stain colours and sort out your preferred means of payment.
- On the first day of the job, we will go over the scope details and colours once again and address any other concerns you may have.
- Staircase refinishing can often last multiple days, so we will give you updates as to what is going on and let you know when you can step on the stairs and when to stay off them as well as other pertinent details about the job.
- Once we are complete, we do a full walk-through with you.
- Remember, we do not consider a job complete until you are 100% satisfied. We aren’t happy unless you’re happy!
- We are so confident in our staircase refinishing and staircase painting and staining that we offer a ‘lifetime warranty’ on interior services!
Customer Testimonials for Staircase Painting and Staining
Hardwood flooring and Staircase Install
Drywall Installation & Staircase Staining and Finishing
Why feel secure using Home Painters Toronto?
The Best Warranties in the Industry
Regular Health and Safety Inspections
We Aren’t Satisfied Until You Are Satisfied
Full Workers Compensation
5 Million General Liability Insurance
Criminal Background Checks
What Makes Home Painters Toronto Unique?
- – We offer the best quality painting services and back it up with a “Lifetime Warranty on Interiors”
- – We also offer a 3 year and extended warranty on exteriors
- – 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
- – 35 years of proven experience
- – 1000+ raving online reviews
- – 15,000+ satisfied clients
- – #1 rated painter on HomeStars, winner 8 times and 6 years in a row!
- – We are open 7 days a week
- – We offer same day pricing
- – We can schedule your project within 1-2 business days or sooner
- – We offer one or 2 day painting services
1 stop shop
- – We are a full-service painting company
- – Professional carpentry and handyman services
- – Plus specialty niche painting services such as professional kitchen and bath cabinet spraying, exterior brick staining, faux painting, and much more!
- – We offer no interest payment plans
- – We also offer ‘no fee’ credit card payments, as well as paypal, e-transfers, cheque, or cash
AREAS WE PROUDLY SERVE:
Dreaming to walk in a house that looks clean with vibrant colors that totally fit your personality. At Home Painters Toronto, we want to make this dream a reality, which is why we provide several different locations near you.
Our cheerful, professional painters have experience painting essentially anything you can think of!
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, we take our jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.