Best value for your money
positive raving reviews
GET A FREE ESTIMATE NOW!
When it’s time to paint your aluminum siding or aluminum windows, the size of this project can be overwhelming. But you deserve to have the most attractive and noticeable home of your dreams. With over thirty years of experience at Home Painters Toronto, our process can make your siding and windows look as good as new!
Aluminum siding Painting by Home Painters Toronto
Frequently asked questions when it comes to aluminum painting
1. Can aluminum siding be painted?
Absolutely. When it comes to aluminum siding, following the procedure is essential. The preparation stage is just as important and must be tended to just as thoroughly. Because aluminum siding can heat up quickly in sunlight, many homeowners opt for a lighter paint colour. But aesthetically, brighter and darker colours also look great on aluminum siding.
Generally, most brands will carry an exterior paint that is specifically designed for metal adhesion and holds up against a variety of weather conditions. Depending on your aluminum siding age and state, the cleaning, repair, and priming steps may vary.
2. Should you paint aluminum siding?
For some homeowners, a simple change of colour is all you may be looking for. For others, your aluminum siding may be decades old and very faded. If the surface is starting to oxidize or there are areas with heavy pitting, it is definitely time to tend to your aluminum siding.
Oxidation can cause discoloration and a kind of white powder to rub off on your hand. While your siding may look rough and may need repair in certain spots, painting aluminum siding is usually cheaper than replacing it.
3. How to prepare aluminum siding for painting?
- The first step is Power washing. Remember to wear whatever protective gear is necessary. Power washing your aluminum siding can be done with something like TSP as an etcher, a bleach solution, or a general cleaning agent. To begin, use a lower setting and practice moving your arm back and forth in a controlled manner. When you get the hang of it, increase your pressure and make sure to point the nozzle downward so that no water sprays up under the panels. There may be mildew, mould, bird droppings, bird nests, or honeycombs to get rid of. In this stage, you may notice some minor repairs needed. Make a note of these and allow for a couple of days for dry-time.
- Next, you want to caulk tiny holes or over any nail heads. By caulking these imperfections, your paint will have a smoother finish. Some panels may need further repair or may even need to be replaced. You can use replacement patches to cover larger holes, or you can even cut a part away and attach another.
- Once you are satisfied with your repairs, you can tape off any trims, doors, or windows you don’t want to be sprayed while painting. If you would prefer to skip this step or you simply don’t have the time, you can use a hand-held paint shield as you go.
- For many projects, using a sprayer is a time-friendly option. And if your aluminum siding is older, applying a coat of primer will put your mind at ease. Anything from a metal-etching primer to an oil-based primer may be recommended depending on the aluminum condition. But there are lots of options for exterior acrylic latex-based paint with built-in primer. So using a separate one is not always necessary. If you do decide to prime, it can take two to four hours for dry-time.
- Before painting, choose a practice section and adjust the nozzle until the paint is spraying evenly with the least amount of streaking. You want to move your arms back and forth from the same distance to ensure even distribution. And to overlap as you go, from side to side, for the fullest coverage. On average, the house painting process can take anywhere from two to five days if multiple people are working on it.
4. What is an aluminum window?
An aluminum window is “lightweight” and “strong”. The panes are made of glass-like most other windows, but when the frame is made of aluminum, it tends to be thinner, which means the windows are larger than usual. Aluminum windows are becoming popular once more due to an appreciation for the aesthetic and style.
5. Why would anyone want aluminum windows?
Aluminum windows can look like metal or be resurfaced to look like another material. They last from 20 to 40 years depending on weather conditions and can be fitted with a thermal break. A double-pane aluminum window is energy efficient and can provide homes with the necessary security. There is a variety of locking mechanisms such as a restrictor or thumbscrew lock that can be added to frames, and the windows can be tinted for further protection. An aluminum frame itself requires very little care, and as an environmentally friendly material, aluminum is recyclable.
6. How to remove aluminum windows for cleaning?
Using a pry bar or putty knife, you can remove the window in one piece by shuffling out the edges. You may need a heat gun to warm rubber fittings. If this is not realistic, then you can try taking one thing apart at a time. Loosen any visible screws and remove the storm window from the outside first. Make a large X with tape on each pane of glass in case they break and pull them out carefully.
Some screws may be hidden in grooves along with the inner framework. Make sure to loosen these as well and take the sliding part out first, if applicable. Then, using a pry bar once more, you can lift the frame away from the wall. If the aluminum has started to oxidize or if there is lots of dust accumulating in the crevices, taking your aluminum windows apart may help with deep cleaning.
7. What is the cost to paint Aluminum windows and Aluminum siding?
Painting aluminum windows and siding is more cost-effective than replacing aluminum. It is a great way to improve your home exterior and to increase its value. The cost to paint your home is based on how long it will take, how many people are working and how simple the job is. Depending on your budget, you could tackle aluminum siding and windows together or separately.
Here are some general aluminum windows and aluminum siding painting costs
You will need to consider a lot of factors when evaluating aluminum siding painting costs and aluminum windows painting. Aluminum siding painting costs vary, but in general, they start at a minimum of $1,995 CAD + HST. Aluminum window painting starts at $100 CAD + HST per window. What can you do when you have a small project? To get a better price, consider bundling additional services with the painting, carpentry, or handyman work.
Average job size for aluminum windows and aluminum siding painting
One of the major factors affecting aluminum siding painting costs is the size of your project. On the basis of three major-sized homes in Toronto and the GTA, we have created three cost estimates for this process. On average, aluminum siding painting costs around:
Generally, based on the size of the project, the cost of aluminum siding painting is around:
• Bungalows 800-1200 Sq. Ft: $2,000 to $5,000 + HST
• Home 1500-2500 Sq. Ft: $3,000 to $7,000 + HST
• Home 2500-3500 Sq. Ft: $5,000- $10,000 + HST
Based on the size of the window, the cost of aluminum window painting is approximate:
• Cost per Window: $150 to $300 + HST
• Cost per French Window: $1,000 + HST
Third level Dormers: $1,000 to $3,000 + HST
Price per Square Foot for Aluminum Siding Painting
Using these measurements, we can give you a rough estimate of the cost per square foot so you can have a clear idea before you begin your project.
Cost for Aluminum Siding Painting: $2 to $4.2 + HST per square foot
Average completion time for aluminum window and aluminum siding painting
One of the questions people often ask is how long does it take to paint aluminum siding. For both small and large Toronto houses, the whole process of painting aluminum siding can be completed within two to five days.
Painting aluminum windows typically takes between one and three hours per window. It takes an average of 2 to 4 days for a small to medium-sized house and up to 14 days for larger ones.
What could affect the price of an aluminum window and aluminum siding painting?
The price of painting aluminum windows and siding can vary for a variety of reasons. One of the greatest reasons is the size of the home. A larger home will require more preparation time, painting time and materials used. Weather and scheduling can also play a factor. When weather conditions are far from optimal, it may affect the speed of labour as well as dry times. And if a project requires urgency or extra tools/materials because the difficulty level is high, this will cost more in labour. Besides these more common factors, using a credit card for payment comes with higher fees than other forms of payment
Some common questions for aluminum window and aluminum siding painting
1. Will you include the paint, materials, and labour?
The total price for the job includes up to five colours of paint and all the materials and labour.
2. Do I have to move my furniture before the painters come?
Usually, YES. Painters can do it for you, but that will add to your project hours and increase your overall estimate. But, if there’s any oversized furniture that you cannot move on your own, it is usually ok to ask them to give you a hand to move it a bit to allow them to paint.
Aluminum Windows and Aluminum Siding Painting Cost
- Labour, paint and materials included.
- Labour, paint and materials included.
- Labour, paint and materials included.
- Labour, paint and materials included.
These prices are just average ballpark price ranges. For a more accurate estimate, please fill out the web form on the page.
Aluminum Windows and Aluminum Siding GALLERY
Top blogs to check out related to Aluminum Windows and Aluminum Siding Painting:
What to do now that you are ready for aluminum windows and aluminum siding painting (Step by Step):
Firstly, give us a call or e-mail for a free quote on your aluminum window painting!
Our experts will arrive on-site to give you an assessment and a detailed estimate, featuring everything you want to be repaired and restored.
The job will get booked, and we’ll set up an ideal starting date.
On the first day, we will do a brief walk-through to ensure we’re on the same page.
From there, we’ll get started with the concrete painting! You’ll be kept in the loop every step of the way.
Once we have finished the job, we’ll clean up any messes and ensure the site is left spotless!
Then, we’ll do a final walk-through with you to make sure you are completely happy with the job before we consider it complete!
If you’re not around, we will call, text or email to set up a proper time for the final walk-through. We are not satisfied until you’re fully satisfied!
Nonetheless, we don’t process your final payment until you tell us that you’re completely happy with our work.
Don’t risk having your siding or windows painted and STILL looking patchy, chalky, or worse – peeling! Instead, give us a call.
When it comes to painting aluminum siding and aluminum windows, preparation is just as important as the painting process. These steps can’t be skipped or done haphazardly. At Home Painters Toronto, we take your vision seriously. It is just as important to us that the job is done right, so you can trust that the condition of your home is the best it has ever been!
WHY FEEL SECURE USING
The Best Warranties in the Industry
Regular Health and Safety Inspections
We Aren’t Satisfied Until You Are Satisfied
Full Workers Compensation
5 Million General Liability Insurance
Criminal Background Checks
What Makes Home Painters Toronto Unique?
- – We offer the best quality painting services and back it up with a “Lifetime Warranty on Interiors”
- – We also offer a 2 year and extended warranty on exteriors
- – 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
- – 34 years of proven experience
- – 1000+ raving online reviews
- – 15,000+ satisfied clients
- – #1 rated painter on HomeStars, winner 8 times and 6 years in a row!
- – We are open 7 days a week
- – We offer same day pricing
- – We can schedule your project within 1-2 business days or sooner
- – We offer one or 2 day painting services
1 stop shop
- – We are a full-service painting company
- – Professional carpentry and handyman services
- – Plus specialty niche painting services such as professional kitchen and bath cabinet spraying, exterior brick staining, faux painting, and much more!
- – We offer no interest payment plans
- – We also offer ‘no fee’ credit card payments, as well as paypal, e-transfers, cheque, or cash
AREAS WE PROUDLY SERVE:
Dreaming to walk in a house that looks clean with vibrant colors that totally fit your personality. At Home Painters Toronto, we want to make this dream a reality, which is why we provide several different Locations near you.
Our cheerful, professional painters have experience painting essentially anything you can think of!
If you want to paint your aluminum window and siding, then contact us NOW! We’d be happy to turn your dream into a reality.
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, we take our jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.