Home Painters Toronto recognizes the importance of your personal information and we never take for granted the trust that you – as a customer or a business partner – have placed in us to protect that information.
Home Painters Toronto values transparency. With this Privacy Agreement, along with our Digital Privacy and Interest-Based Advertising Policy, we are striving to provide you with a good understanding of why we collect and use your personal information, how your information is shared, retained and protected, and how you can exercise your personal choices. We will also explain how you can find out what personal information we hold about you. When you apply or sign-up for a product or service that requires further explanation about how we use your personal information, we will explain that to you.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that identifies you or can be used to identify you. Examples of personal information include: first and last name, mother’s maiden name, mailing address, telephone number (including mobile), email address, date of birth, social insurance number (SIN), government-issued identification, credit history, information about your employment and education, annual income, assets and liabilities and financial transactions.
Why we collect and use personal information?
We collect and use personal information to establish and manage our relationship with you, provide you with personalized products and services, manage our business, and comply with legal and regulatory requirements. We will give you some examples to explain each one of these purposes.
To establish and manage our banking relationship
We collect and use personal information to establish and maintain our relationship and provide you with the products and services you have requested.
- We need to confirm who you are and verify the information you have provided to us: We will ask for your name, address, telephone numbers (including mobile), and email address. For corporate clients, we need to collect the signing officers’ names and other personal details.
- We need to assess your eligibility and suitability for our products and services: When you apply for our service we may ask about your budget.
- We need to communicate with you: We may communicate with you by phone, mail, email, SMS text message or other electronic means to provide you with information related to the products and services you hold with us. You can also choose to sign-up to receive alerts (including push notifications).
To provide you with personalized products and services
We collect and use personal information to provide you with personalized products and services and information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- We collect and use information to personalize your experience with us, including: to better understand your needs and preferences including through data analytics; to personalize your experience on our websites; to provide you with tailored communications and offers.
- We collect and use information to provide you with marketing communications: We may contact you by phone, mail, email, SMS text message or other electronic means about new products and services, offers, events and promotions. Our communications may be tailored based on information that we have about you. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- We collect and use information when you participate in a contest, survey, or promotion: If you participate in a contest, survey or promotion, we may collect your name, address, phone number, email address, and other information or responses you provide. We use this information to administer your participation in the contest or promotion and as otherwise described to you when you enter. The information obtained through our surveys is used in an aggregated form. We use this information to help us understand our clients and to improve our products and services. If a contest or promotion is administered by a third party (such as a loyalty program partner), we may share information with the third party as described to you at the time of entry into the contest or promotion.
To manage our business
We collect and use personal information to operate and manage our business and business relationships
- We collect and use information to prevent and detect fraud and criminal activity and secure our premises: We may ask you for any additional information required to investigate matters, settle any claim or report a matter to the appropriate authorities.
- We collect and use information when you contact us: We record telephone calls for training and quality assurance purposes. We will tell you when we are recording a call.
- We collect and use information to manage our business relationships: For example, we collect personal information from employees or other representatives of our suppliers and contractors that is necessary for them to do business with us.
We use and analyze the information we collect to better understand our clients, improve our products and services.
To comply with legal and regulatory requirements, we are required to collect and use personal information to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Why we share your personal information?
Home Painters Toronto may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes described below.
- We may share information with members of Home Painters Toronto: We may share personal information with members of Home Painters Toronto who provide operational, administrative and support services on our behalf.
- We may share your personal information with other members of Home Painters Toronto so that they may contact you for the purposes of marketing, including telemarketing. You can withdraw your consent to the disclosure of your personal information for marketing at any time.
- We may share information with our service providers: We may use third party service providers to process or handle personal information on our behalf. Our service providers assist us with various services such as printing, postal and electronic mail distribution, marketing (including by telephone and electronic means), advertising, analytics, customer service, and processing, authorizing and authenticating your transactions. When personal information is provided to our service providers, we will require them to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with Home Painters Toronto privacy and security policies, practices and standards.
- We may share information with our loyalty, reward or program partners: We may offer products and services with trusted business partners, such as through the Air Miles points program, or automotive manufacturers and dealers as part of our automotive financing business. In the event we collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with a partner program, we will tell you this at the time you sign-up for the program. For more information, see the terms that govern your participation in the program.
- We may share information with other trusted business partners: We may share information with our partners for marketing or other servicing purposes. For example, if you sign-up to receive communications from our trusted business partners, we share your personal information with our trusted partners so that they may contact you for the purposes of marketing, including telemarketing. You can withdraw your consent to the disclosure of your personal information with these partners at any time.
- We may share information to meet legal requirements: Home Painters Toronto may disclose personal information where we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law. This may be:
- to other organizations for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or to detect, suppress or prevent fraud;
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to protect the rights, property and safety of Home Painters Toronto and others;
- to courts, law enforcement and regulatory authorities in the jurisdictions in which we or our service providers operate, including to respond to a local or foreign court order, search warrant or other demand or request which we believe to be valid;
- to comply with the rules of production of a local or foreign court; and
- to satisfy legal and regulatory requirements that we believe are applicable to us, including the requirements of any self-regulatory organizations to which we belong
How we protect and retain personal information?
We have implemented measures designed to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We restrict access to personal information to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfil their job requirements. We may keep and use information about you in our records for as long as it is needed for the purposes described above, or to otherwise meet our legal obligations, even if you are no longer a customer.
How we maintain accurate personal information?
We require accurate, complete and up-to-date records to provide our products and services, and we have implemented processes to help ensure this. We also rely on you to provide us with information that is true and complete. If any personal information changes or becomes inaccurate or out of date, please advise us using the contact information set out below so we can update our records.
How to refuse or withdraw your consent?
You can refuse to consent to our collection, use or disclosure of personal information, or you may withdraw your consent to our further collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by giving us reasonable notice, subject to limited exceptions.
Depending on the circumstances, your withdrawal of consent may prevent us from providing you, or continuing to provide you, with some products and services, the ability to access certain products and services, or information that may be of value to you.
How to access or update your personal information?
You can request to access or update the personal information we hold about you. To access any other personal information about you, please send request in writing to the Office of the President using the contact information included at the end of this Agreement.
We may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where your request includes personal information about a third party that cannot be removed, or when the information you are requesting is protected by legal privilege.
How we notify you of changes to this Privacy Agreement?
We may amend this Agreement from time to time to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We may also notify you of any changes to this Agreement in any of the following ways:
- Announcement through an automated telephone message or a digital channel such as a mobile app;
- A notice on the Home Painters Toronto website;