If you’re considering hiring painting services to do some work in your house, you probably have some concerns and questions. A big one you’re probably thinking is how long does it take house painters to paint a house? We’re here to break it all down for you and give you the details on how long the process actually can take with house painters. Let’s dig in!
How Long Does It Take House Painters To Paint A House?
Variables affecting interior painting for house painters
When you hire house painters to come in and doing your interior painting, the time frame usually varies with each project. There are always variables that can affect the length and any delays in the interior painting work.
- If you have lots of furniture for the house painters to move, that can slow the process down.
- Perhaps there is lots of repair work to do on the walls prior to interior painting.
- All of that includes sanding, filling and caulking work. Then comes having to sand everything down again so the interior walls are super smooth.
- Or if it’s a brand new house that you’re bringing the house painters into, that can require a fair amount of work on the drywall for the house painters as well.
- How many rooms you want painted vs if you need the entire house painted. Including doors, trims, baseboards and ceilings.
- Also, you may want to think about the type of painting company you hire in terms of how many interior painters they have available. If you need rushed painting services, it can be very helpful to bring in a crew of 2 – 4 house painters to complete your interior painting.
But, how long does it take house painters to do interior painting?
So, we’ve gone over some of the variables which can affect the time frame in which professional painters can complete your home interior painting. Let’s discuss how long the process will actually take once the interior painting work begins!
- When you think about calculating the average time it takes to complete interior painting, usually it’s a room per day per house painter. So, if you have an average sized home of 1,500 – 2,000 square feet, it will take 3 – 5 days to complete interior painting.
- If you have just one large room to do interior painting in, it could take just 1 – 2 days to complete the home interior painting work.
- As we said, if you’re looking to have your entire home updated with interior painting, it can pay off to hire a company with a good number of professional painters on staff. That way if you need rushed painting services, they have extra interior house painters ready to jump in.
- Note: if you book in a painting company or professional house painters and they take more than two weeks to complete, something is wrong. Or perhaps the interior painters are being slowed down if it’s new construction or other trades.
- On average though, your interior painting work should be completed between 2 – 4 days or within a week.
How long does it take professional painters to do exterior painting?
When it comes to house painters taking on an exterior painting project, that’s a bit different from the factors that affect interior painting.
- For instance, weather is always a factor when it comes to house painters completely an exterior painting job. A heavy rainy season can extend that time frame, for sure.
- On the flip side though, exterior painting is often more convenient for the homeowners as all the work is happening outside of the home.
- If all goes to plan though, house painters should be able to complete your exterior painting in 7 – 10 days.
- If it’s a smaller house, it may just take 1 – 2 days time to complete.
- Always keep in mind the size of your home and if there’s a lot of prep work, siding and brick work and eaves and soffits, it can be a longer process for the house painters.
Don’t forget to visit our Pinterest page for all sorts of interior painting and exterior painting inspiration!
More interesting blogs related to ” How Long Does It Take House Painters To Paint A House? “:
- Painting Stucco Ceiling Or Popcorn Ceiling Removal?
- How Much Does It Cost To Have Painters Paint Your House Interior?
- The Cost To Paint A House
- Accent Wall Painting Techniques
If you’re thinking of doing some home interior painting but don’t want to do the work yourself, let our residential painting services help! Even if you are undecided, professional painting services can help you with any problems or questions you may have. If the work involved in house painting sounds like it involves too much time and energy to do yourself, call 416.494.9095 or email [email protected] for a FREE quote or visit our website Home Painters Toronto.
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, our painters take their jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.