Homeowners Top Complaints of their House Painter
Homeowners Top Complaints – Did you know that in 2010, trades people ranked #2 on the complaints list according to the Ministry of Consumer Reports?
With all the variables involved with painting your home in Toronto, it’s no wonder that consumer complaints with Toronto painting contractors are so high.
Most common problems homeowners face when dealing with bad Toronto painters.
- Cost overruns – Toronto painting company charging more than quoted after the painting job is started
- Damage to the home and landscaping
- Never knew when the painting contractor was going to show up on the job
- Did not pay subcontractors or suppliers
- Untrustworthy and unreliable
- Phone calls and emails never returned in a timely manner
To avoid a shady painter, there are a few tell-tale signs that should always raise a red flag when negotiating with a house painting contractor in Toronto:
- They quote prices before seeing the job
- Demand unusually large deposits to “buy materials”
- Will not supply you with a detailed written contract
However, at the end of the day it’s up to you to protect yourself. Here are some steps to follow that will protect your investment and help you find a professional painter in Toronto or the GTA.
- Check the Toronto painting company’s reputation online. Make sure they are rated highly on reputable sites like www.HomeStars.com and the Better Business Bureau.
- Get a contracts in writing stating exactly what will be done and the cost.
- Ask for references and pictures of past work (Before and After photos).
- Criminal Background Checks: 1 in 10 contractors and Toronto painters have a criminal record. Either check them yourself or make sure the company you hire screens its own employees.
- Ensure they are licensed house painters, bonded and insured. A reputable painter will have no problem satisfying you with all three. Remember, if your contractor is not properly insured and covered by WSIB (Workplace Safety and Insurance Board), any liability and injuries could fall on YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. Don’t even deal with a Toronto contractor that can’t provide you all 3 certificates. The risk isn’t worth it.
- Verify how long they’ve been in business. Did you know that 95% of house painting contractors in Toronto disappear within five years? So one with a long track record is a good sign of their reputation.
This may seem like a lot to do before hiring a house painting Toronto company and the reality is: IT IS! With Home Painters Toronto we don’t want you to worry and that’s why earning your trust is our #1 priority.
- Home Painters Toronto is both an A+ Rated company with the Better Business Bureau and Top-Rated on HomeStars
- To protect homeowners, we carry full WSIB coverage in case of job site injuries; and $5 million in General Liability Insurance in case of property damages.
- Also all our staff and house painting team must pass an extensive criminal background check before working with Home Painters Toronto. This insures you peace of mind that you can trust who is in your house at all times.
- We have a 25 year track record working in the painting industry AND we GUARANTEE your 100% satisfaction.
- And after we leave, all our work is covered by an unmatched Two Year Guarantee of Quality.
Call 416.494.9095 or email us at Brian@HomePaintersToronto.com for a FREE in-home consultation. With Home Painters Toronto, which is one of top rated Toronto painters, the only worry you’ll ever have is what colour to choose.