GET A FREE ESTIMATE NOW!
Two benefits of re-caulking your windows and doors when completing other renovations:
KEEP THE WATER AND WEATHER OUT
• Exterior caulking seals up any gaps or cracks between the wall and your windows or doors. Small cracks may appear due to natural weathering, or even just the house settling.
• Many Toronto homes are older and need preventative maintenance. These cracks might start small, but they can cause big problems later on.
• Sealing your windows and doors prevents water from penetrating into the walls or the inside of the house, which can cause flooding, moisture build-up, and mold.
KEEP YOUR MONEY IN
• Repairing water damage from storms and floods is one of our most common calls here at Home Painters Toronto. Professionally caulked and sealed windows and doors can prevent or reduce the impact of leaks, saving you money on costly repairs.
• Exterior Caulking can also help lower your heating and cooling costs. You don’t want your air conditioner working overtime in the summer if properly caulking your windows can keep that cool air inside where it belongs.
• Importantly, exterior caulking your windows and doors can protect your overall investment and extend the life of your home.
Where and how can we caulk?
Caulking is most commonly applied around windows and doors, but it can also be used to finish and seal other parts of the exterior of your homes such as concrete slabs, roof flashing, aluminum siding, and trim, vinyl siding and trim, and anywhere else you are worried about the weather.
There are several types of exterior caulking on the market and we recommend only using the best. For example, Mono, Dymeric, Dap, and Dow Corning are all quality caulking brands that we use, however, your selection will be based on the circumstance and budget. There are several different levels of caulking. However, what is recommended will always depend on your needs and budget. Above all, we want our customers to get the right advice for their situation.
Advantages of having the best EXTERIOR CAULKING for your property?
Toronto weather can be harsh. The GTA regularly sees cold weather, floods, storms, and even tornados and earthquakes! This is why exterior caulking in terms of windows and doors is one of the most important things to consider when painting or repairing the interior or exterior of your home.
Here are the two most popular means of applying exterior caulking:
- Firstly, we completely remove the existing caulking, insulate, and then re-caulk the entire window or door. In other words, this means scraping and chiseling out all the existing caulking, then filling the gap with foam insulation. To finish, we run a new bead of high-quality industrial caulking across the gap to seal the entire area. It is more expensive, but at the same time is the most thorough method of external caulking.
Simply fill in all the existing gaps with new high-quality Dap or Mono caulking. Next, we clear away the loose debris before we start, but if the caulking is old, weak, and brittle it is always better to remove it before applying new caulk. Overall, this is a less expensive option, and we always recommend going with Option 1 because it provides a better seal. However, if you’re worried about your budget, sometimes this method works just as well.
Here is what to do when you are ready to do some exterior caulking on your home:
- Firstly, contact us and ask for a free quote! We have the fastest response service in the business.
- Our exterior caulking and painting expert will arrive on-site and give you a needs-and-expectations assessment and a detailed estimate of what you done in terms of exterior caulking.
- We will book the job with you and set up an ideal start date, charge your deposit and confirm any other exterior scope details just to make sure we are all on the same page.
- Next, our team will show up on time on the first day of the job and do a walk-through with you to double-check that we understand your needs. Then, we’ll set out an action plan and get started on your exterior caulking project pronto!
- We begin by tackling the areas that need tending to the most when it comes to exterior caulking.
- Usually for this process, it’s all about ensuring that the windows and doors have caulking that will protect adequately against weather and simple aging.
- Once we are finished, we will clean up the worksite and ensure that we leave it as clean as when we first found it! Then, our team will do a final walk-through with you to make sure that you are happy with the job before we consider it complete. Remember, we are not satisfied until you are 100% satisfied!
- Most importantly, Home Painters Toronto doesn’t process your final payment until you tell us that you’re completely happy with our work.
Always want your home looking great. Peeling or flaking caulking looks like a problem waiting to happen. Punch up your curb appeal and your home’s external appearance by repairing and replacing your existing exterior caulking. Call or email us! We are waiting to talk to you and make your dream a reality.
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, we take our jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.