How to Repair Scratched Hardwood Floors?
Hardwood floors are without a doubt an easy way to beautify and increase the value of your home, but they are also prone to the inevitable scratch. If you have a good protecting solution on your floor, overtime scratches and scuffs will still occur – especially if you live in a high-traffic household with small children and pets running around on your hardwood flooring! Read on to find the solution to those hardwood floor scratches, figure out how to fix scratched hardwood, and remove those nasty scratches from hardwood!
Materials That You Will Need:
- Microfiber Cloth
- Hardwood floor cleaning agent
- Permanent Maker/Stain Marker
- Cotton balls or swabs
1. Find Out How Bad The Scratch Is
- Determine the intensity of the scratch, most usually just damage the surface layer of the hardwood floor.
- If the scratch looks as it has damaged deeper than the surface of the wood it may require a replacement board repair.
- Using a microfiber cloth and some warm water or hardwood cleaning agent, clean the floor thoroughly and let dry.
3. Conceal & Stain
Using a permanent marker that matches as closely to the colour of your hardwood flooring as possible, fill in the scratch with the marker.
- You can also use a stain marker from your local hardware store.
Dip a cotton ball or swab in a matching colour stain and swipe it along with the filled-in scratch then wipe it clean.
- You may also want to stain the surrounding area of your hardwood floor to be sure it blends in seamlessly with a paintbrush.
How easy was that? Don’t let scratches or scuffs steer you away from enjoying your hardwood flooring. Learning how to get scratches out of hardwood floors is a lot easier than most people think! If you’ve got a ton of imperfections that are minor but just need a little TLC, HPT will gladly do this job for you!