Kitchen cabinet painting cost is probably at the top of your mind if you’ve been thinking about cabinet refinishing and trying out coloured kitchen cabinets. There are a few different factors to keep in mind in terms of spray kitchen cabinets cost. It’s a niche specialty service that not every professional home painting service is qualified to perform. So, how much does it cost to paint kitchen cabinets? Let’s dig right in!
Kitchen Cabinet Painting Cost 2021
How much does kitchen cabinet painting cost?
Is it worth it to paint kitchen cabinets?
If you’re thinking about painting kitchen cabinets and what some of the advantages would be, we can fill you in! Firstly, if you have interior painting services do kitchen cabinet painting, it can last anywhere from 5 – 10 years. For some people, that’s at least half the time they spend living in their home. Plus, if you’re looking for a kitchen makeover but you don’t want to spend a ton of money on brand new kitchen cupboards, painting kitchen cabinets is the way to go. It’s just a fraction of the price. Also, by painting oak cabinets or doing kitchen cabinet refinishing, it can really add new life to your space. Not to mention how modern and fresh your kitchen will look!
Is it cheaper to paint or replace kitchen cabinets?
One of the truly great things about painting kitchen cabinets and cabinet refinishing is the cost. It is just a fraction of the price to go with painting kitchen cabinets rather than installing brand new cabinetry. So, if your kitchen cupboards are in fairly decent shape, painting kitchen cabinets could be the ideal option for you. Plus, in terms of your time and daily routine, it is barely affected. Professional home painting services can usually complete painting kitchen cabinets in about a week’s time. And more often than not, they will remove your cupboards and drawer faces and bring them off-site for painting. So, by choosing to go with painting kitchen cabinets over replacing them, you’ll be saving yourself money as well as time.
How much does kitchen cabinet painting cost?
In terms of kitchen cabinet painting cost, the average cost to paint kitchen cabinets in the Toronto area starts at $2,500 – $3,500. You’re looking at a cost of $85 – $125 per kitchen cabinet door or drawer and the average size kitchen has approximately 20 – 30 kitchen cabinet doors. For kitchens that are larger in size with more cabinets, you could see anywhere from $4,000 – $6,500 for the overall cost of painting kitchen cabinets. So, as you can see, compared to the average cost for completely replacing your kitchen cabinetry, which can cost anywhere from $10,000 – $40,000, it is by far the less expensive option!
Other advantages of painting kitchen cabinets
- Kitchen cabinet paint colours: The options are endless when it comes to painting kitchen cabinets! You’re no longer stuck with oak stain or even white, if that’s not your interior design flavour. You can pick whatever colour you want!
- Gives the opportunity to physically clean your cupboards: Painting kitchen cabinets allows for your cupboards to finally get rid of all that built up food grease and grime.
- Return on your investment: Did you know that a nice kitchen is one home space that will always get you a better return on your investment? If you’re thinking of selling your home, painting kitchen cabinets is the perfect way to spruce things up!
A Quick Overview Of Kitchen cabinet painting cost
- The average cost to paint kitchen cabinets in the Toronto area starts at $2,500 – $3,500.
- The cost per cabinet or drawer is $85 – $125.
- For larger kitchens, it would likely be anywhere from $4,000 – $6,500.
- You are saving anywhere from $5,000 – $40,000 in the end by going with kitchen cabinet painting as opposed to brand new kitchen cabinetry!
Don’t forget to visit our Pinterest page for all sorts of exterior painting and interior painting inspiration!
More interesting blogs related to ” Kitchen Cabinet Painting Cost 2021 “:
- Refinishing Oak Kitchen Cabinets
- Average Cost To Paint A House
- The Best Paint For Kitchen Cabinets
- How To Paint PVC Kitchen Cabinets
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, our painters take their jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.