How Much Does it Cost to Have Painters Paint your House Interior?
If you’re thinking about having some interior house painting done in the Toronto area, likely your house is around 2,000 square feet in size. There are some typical interior painting costs that most professional painting companies go by.
• Painting cost per square foot: For the average cost to paint a house in Toronto, you’ll find the interior painting cost per square foot to be around $2.25 – $3 per square foot.
• Interior painting costs for walls: For a home that is 2,000 square feet, you can expect the price to be between $5,000 – $6,000.
• Door trims, baseboards & window trims: The interior painting costs for trims and baseboards are $.50 – $1.25 per square foot. So, it will be around $1,000 – $2,500 to paint the trims and baseboards. Also, it’s good to remember that it’s usually best to paint them all at once. You will notice that any trims without fresh paint will look dingy in comparison.
• Cost to paint ceilings: Interior painting cost per square foot for ceilings usually runs from $.50 – $1. On average, the cost of painting ceilings will come to $1,000 – $2,000. If you have popcorn ceilings that need a refresh, that’s more on the higher price end due to the materials needed.
• Closet painting: The interior painting costs for the costs usually runs from $75 – $125 per closet. The average size Toronto home around 2,000 square feet usually has 4 – 5 closets. So, that comes to $300 – $600 for closets as a whole.
• Summary of total interior painting costs: In total, you can expect anywhere from $7,000 – $9,000 for the average cost to paint a house.