For those of you who live in the ballpark of 1200 square foot home and crave a change from your outdated interior design, then you have come to the right place. Deciding to have a paint makeover for the interior of your home requires a lot of planning and research to get the best results. To those who live in a 1200 square foot home, You might be thinking “ Oh, the size of my home is a tad less than average, I should be getting a great deal” but that is not the case. There several perspectives that you need to consider before hiring a painting company to do the job successfully and for you to get the best financial deal for the interior design makeover that you crave.
Cost of Painting a 1200 Square Foot Interior House
Price Range for Your 1200 square foot Interior Home
1. $2-3 for typical walls in Toronto, assuming the ceiling is a standard 8-9ft and normal prep, cost should be on the lower side, skin plastering and taping will cost more, 1200 square foot would be around $2500-$2700, $3600 as the high for the walls.
2. Trim and Doors on typical home in Toronto, $.75-$1.75 per square foot would start at $900 to $1800- $1900.
3. Ceilings: $0.75-$1.25 per square foot for 1200 square feet would be $900 and could go as high as $1500, depends on how high the ceilings are, how high the hallways are.
4. Closets: generally $75 for a small closest and $150 for walk-in closes.
5. In total $5700 for the whole interior including these elements, high end would be $7500
1. Reasons that can affect the price for your 1200 square feet Interior:
- • Furniture and clutter: removing furniture and keeping it clutter-free will definitely help lower your price since it will be less of a hassle for the painters
- • Time affects your price, having a shorter deadline will spike the price up, try to negotiate a reasonable time frame for your selected paint company, 1-2 weeks is recommended
- • Time of year is important, summer you will get a better price, winter is meant for keeping busy and paying the bills for the employer
- • Size of the job makes a difference, asking to paint 2 bedrooms in a 1200 square foot house, it’s going to be a lot more expensive because of set up fee, administrative fee and getting a smaller amount of employees to get ready, more employees involved will have a better price
- • Number of colours, 4-5 is maximum, 1-2 colours will be on the lower end, anything higher than 5 will cost more.
- • Type of paint, top of the line paints from brands will take less time, more durable and is worth the extra cost, paying less for labour
- • Payment terms, visa and master card are more expensive than traditional cash or cheque
- • Prep, plaster homes are more expensive, wall prep, drywall is cheaper, if the trim was painted in the early 80s, 90s and early 00’s most likely it was painted with oil which is outdated, latex is the new norm.
- • New construction, renovations will cost more than a repaint even with a 1200 square feet interior, novelty requires more attention to detail.
- • The difficulty of the job, if there is a lot of heights involved, wallpaper removal, insolation, spraying, anything that isn’t conventional from brush and roll will cost more.
2. What you SHOULD LOOK FOR IN YOUR EMPLOYER?
- • Responsive and returning your calls, shows that they want the business and are serious about the job, if they dont get back to you in 24-48 hours find a new employer.
- • Make sure they are insured and have valid criminal background checks, you want to make sure you can trust these individuals inside your home and in case of injuries have insurance.
- • Years of business, the more longevity and better track record shows more legitmacy.
- • Generally speaking look for companies that have around 5-10 experience.
- • Trust your gut, everyone has some sort of intuition, feel it out if they are responsible enough to do a comptent job and that are there for you.
Now that you have the knowledge and awareness of prices and all the factors that can change it, you should also take into consideration how long the job will take for your 1200 square foot home to be competently finished will outstanding results.
3. How long should it take top paint interior of a house?
- • Most painters have 2-3 painters in their crews, a job for 1200 square foot should take no more than a week, maximum of 10 days.
- • Make sure they do not rush the job with more painters, you want quality not quantity.
- • If you need a job done in a rush for 2-3 days, most paint companies will have extra available painters to come and get the job done quicker.
- • Try to avoid a one day job, mistakes are more frequent with more crewmembers with the added element of a shortened time frame
More interesting blogs related to “Cost of Painting a 1200 Square Foot Interior House” :
If you reside in Toronto and the GTA and need some help figuring out the interior painting costs per square foot, don’t hesitate to call us! We will help you pick the colours you want and show you the latest painting and home renovation trends. Our home painting services with the best pro painters have been around now for over 30 years. Call 416.494.9095 or email brian@HomePaintersToronto.com for a FREE quote for your home painting needs. And don’t forget to check us out on our social media channels below!
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, we take our jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.