Painting your house interior in Winter – Winter in Toronto and the GTA can be one of the quieter times for interior house painting. Should you even be doing house painting in the winter though? Absolutely! Most people put off home renovation and painting projects during the winter months. They think that the cold weather makes interior house painting a bad idea. But, it’s actually the ideal time with many advantages! Let’s dig into all of the reasons why you should do some interior painting this winter season.
The Advantages of Painting Your House in the Winter
Reason #1: Paint dries faster in the winter
- Paint actually dries quicker in the lower temperatures of the winter season. There is less humidity in the winter and combined with the closed windows and your heating system, drying times are actually faster.
- Afraid of toxic interior paint fumes with letting your paint dry during the winter? Not to worry! With today’s low to zero VOC paints, it eliminates concerns over being indoors with paint fumes.
Reason #2: More time to enjoy your interior painting
- Most people spend more time inside during the winter. Since it’s colder outside, there’s often less to do. This gives you a better opportunity to actually enjoy your new interior painting. Also, the other advantage of being inside a lot is you will find any imperfections and highlight details that need fixing so you can get the most out of your new paint.
Reason #3: Lower interior painting costs
- The biggest advantage that most people don’t realize is that house painting in winter gives you a great opportunity to save time and money!
- Many professional painters in Toronto and the GTA offer lower rates for painting your house during the slow winter season and that gives you the advantage of getting the same professional painting job at a more attractive price. It depends on the painting company and their pricing, but you can usually save anywhere from 10 – 30% off the regular price for interior painting during the winter months! That’s great savings which you can put towards something fun.
Reason #4: Shorter lead times & fast turnaround
- With most people paint their house during the warmer seasons, the best and most reputable professional painters will book up fast leading to longer wait times for painting your house. Booking during the slow season of winter for painting your house interior gives you shorter lead times and a better chance for a quick turnaround.
Reason #5: More time for summer fun!
- Those summer months are super valuable to families. It’s often the only time of year that you have to relax, unwind and go on vacation. By planning ahead and getting your interior painting done in the winter, it will free up your valuable summer vacation time for the things you enjoy most.
Don’t forget to check out our Pinterest page for all sorts of inspiration for interior painting!
More interesting blogs related to ” The Advantages Of Painting Your Winter In The Winter “:
- Interior Painting: Colour Theory: Modern or Classic Style?
- Average Cost To Paint A House
- How To Remove Stucco Ceiling
- 2021 Interior Paint Colour Trends
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, we take our jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.