Paint Colours To Paint Narrow Hallway
Narrow Hallway Paint Ideas
Are you subconscious about your home’s narrow hallway? Never fear, as your house is far from the only one. What you have that these other homeowners don’t are painting ideas that can improve the feeling of your narrow hall, creating the illusion of a wider space. What are you waiting for? Read more to find out how you can change the walkways of your home from claustrophobic to wide open by choosing the best colour for painting a narrow hallway.
- Typically a lighter shade of paint will make smaller spaces appear more bright, which creates the appearance of width to the naked eye.That being said, picking a basic white isn’t the best option due to its tendency to show scuffs and imperfections. A good trick to remember is that the trim along the narrow hallway should be painted two shades lighter than the colour chosen for the walls.
2. Open Up Space With Mirrors
- This is especially good to know when trying to make a narrow hallway look wider. If you have windows in your hallway, adding large mirrors to the opposite wall can really draw the eye away from the narrow space. Choose a nice light tan colour or even light yellows for the walls in order to better play off the abundance of natural light.
3. Hallway Ceiling Paint
- It’s not just the walls that can be painted to make them appear wider. Painting the ceiling white as well can double the illusion of a larger space.
4. Colour Matters
- Hallways that do not have any windows or doors should be painted with a light green or blue colour to create a more tranquil vibe.
- Another option is to paint the narrow hallway more than one colour, going for a deeper shade for the base of the wall and a lighter paint colour for the top. This can be done by painting the wall about 3 feet from the bottom, then using painters tape to create a straight border line parallel to the floor. Then paint the top part of the wall that lighter colour. This will create a stylish block colour look and improve the visual of it being a bigger area.
- Add an eggshell, gloss, or satin finish to the paint of choice and your hallway will both reflect light and be easier to clean.
- The best paint colour choices for narrow hallways are taupe, light tan, light gray, creams, and definitely light greens and blues.
Now that you’re aware of what the right paint colours can do for a narrow hallway you can open up the space easily without investing too much time and effort. If you don’t have the time to paint your hallway yourself, though, why not give Home Painters Toronto a call? We’ll gladly do this for you! Call us NOW at 416-494-9095 or email us at Brian@HomePaintersToronto.com for a free painting qoute estimate for your narrow hallway painting project.