If you are planning to stain your brick house, you probably want to know how much it will cost you. Staining brick is quite unique, as it is very customizable and has intricate details. Some brick homes have different shapes and patterns, so you can highlight your personality by painting the bricks. While it sounds fun, staining brick is a lot of work, so you might want to get the help of exterior house painters for this job. With that said, How Much Does it Cost to Stain Brick?
How Much Does It Cost To Stain Brick?
Is Painting or Brick Staining Worth It?
Brick homes generally tend to sell far more than other homes on the market. This is because brick is extremely durable and has a great appearance, thus brick has a good resale value. If you are planning on spending money to paint or stain your exterior brick, your house’s value will most likely increase. That information should make you feel happy, should you plan to sell your home.
Cost to Stain Brick
Important to note, although prices at Home Painters may vary, brick staining starts at $2,495 CAD + HST. Getting a better price by bundling other painting, carpentry, or handyman services will grow your project and help you save money.
Average job size for Exterior Brick Staining
The size of a project is one of the major factors that influence the cost of exterior brick staining. Typically, based on the size of the project, the cost is about:
- Bungalows 800-1200 Sq. Ft: $4,000 to $7,000 CAD + HST
- Home 1500-2500 Sq. Ft: $6,000 to $15,000 CAD + HST
- Home 2500-3500 Sq. Ft: $8,000 to $20,000 CAD + HST
Price per Square Foot
Using these measurements, we can give you an average cost per square foot so you can know the cost before your project begins.
Cost for Exterior Brick Staining: $3.2 to $5.8 CAD + HST per square foot.
Pros and Cons To Brick Stain
Boosting your curb appeal would mean staining your brick house. Your property would look fresh and amazing, which would be a great plus for you, especially if you are planning to sell your home. However, brick staining is more expensive than brick painting. Even though there are various colours to choose from for staining brick, there are some restrictions. In addition, these restrictions include water sealant causing moisture to collect and cause damage to the section. When it comes to any painting or staining project, there is a lot to consider, which makes preparation super important.
Brick staining over brick painting
When it comes to either painting or staining brick, staining is a better option. This is because staining looks more natural when applied. Also, it is a translucent film. Staining brick penetrates the brick’s pores, while paint only masks it. So, if you touch stained brick, it will still feel like brick. Even if you don’t have a colour in mind, there are so many staining colours to choose from. You will eventually find one that you like.
How much does it cost to stain exterior brick?
Why You Should Go With Brick Staining
- Curb appeal: By going with brick staining, your home’s exterior will look refreshed and instantly appealing. Not to mention that it will look much cleaner than how it looked prior. Your home will stand out from the pack, unlike the other standard brick homes.
- Brick staining is an investment in your home: Brick staining can be costly, but really, it acts as an investment in your home. The overall effect and look of brick staining as well as the protection it can offer your brick work is truly an asset.
- Better protection: To preserve your bricks long-term, staining them is a good idea and by using high-quality brick stain. This will allow your home’s exterior to flourish and you won’t have to worry too much about adverse weather conditions. In addition, you would be protecting your brick from mold and residue.
- More adaptable: If you have an older brick home, you probably don’t like the colour of your bricks. Also, the old brick could potentially be ruining your home’s value. If this is the case, you can stain your brick with colours that are currently trending, so that your home is updated. With many colours to choose from, you have so many possibilities!
More interesting blogs related to “How Much Does It Cost To Stain Brick?” :
- How to Prepare Your House for Painting
- The Best Time of Year to Paint the Exterior of Your House
- How much does exterior brick staining cost?
- How Much Does It Cost to Paint a House Exterior in Canada?
Now that you know how much does it cost to stain brick, you can fully make your decision. And if you’re in need of some professional exterior painters, we can help! Our home painting services have been around for over 30 years now. Just give us a call at 416.494.9095 or email [email protected] for a FREE quote or visit our website https://www.homepainterstoronto.com/
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, our painters take their jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.