Choosing the best colours for halls and stairs can be a daunting task. Colour ideas for hall stairs and landing can lead you down an endless tunnel of colour schemes and combinations. You may be asking yourself, “What is the best colour for stairs?” or “How do I choose a hallway colour?” These questions can be answered simply by reminding yourself that it is your home and choose what colours you like. However, if you want to stay on the top trend within the painting world, look no further and see the recommendations below for the best colours for halls and stairs.
Best Halls and Stairs Paint Colours
Best colours for Stairs
The best colours for stairs are those that do not scream pretentious. Over the top, instead, you want to aim for subtle and distinct colours that compliment your staircase walls. Now there is always the option to stain, but that’s no fun, is it? You use your stairs every day. They are an underappreciated feature that brings your interior paint design dream come to fruition.
White Painted Stairs:
- • Works best when your walls are light in colour.
- • Has a sleek and refined appearance.
- • It is complex and straightforward simultaneously.
- • One tone is more than enough, sometimes less is more.
- • The common misconception of them being dirty is false; white stairs give you the chance to see blemishes and dirt you may not have seen with any other colour.
Recommendations: Benjamin Moore has a diverse selection of white paint to choose from; White Dove, Ivory Tusk and Cake Batter are colours you cannot go wrong with.
Grey Painted Stairs:
- •Grey paint gives off a more modern aesthetic.
- •This colour works well with complementing another tone.
- •Offers a tranquil and sophisticated look.
Recommendations: Iron Gate, City Shadow and Gotham offer unique tones of gray that Go well with cream, white and ivory living and dining rooms
Neutral Painted Stairs:
- • Neutral offers a balance to your home that other colours cannot.
- • Chose a neutral colour undertone based on your colour preference.
- • They are the most common colour concept preferred by home-owners.
- • Safest choice if you are still unsure of which paint colours you want for your staircase.
Recommendations: Sherwin-Williams has a vast catalogue of neutrals, ranging from a light gray in the Reflection to a robust brown neutral in Status Bronze.
Best Colours for Hallways
Hallway paint colours in 2021 can leave a home-owner with an overwhelming amount of options to pick from. “How do I chose a hallway color?” is a common question asked when deciding you want a change. Hallways are the foundation of your paint scheme, one wrong choice, and your whole interior paint design will lead to a mid-life paint crisis. As a home-owner, you need to decide if you want striking statement hues or a calmer and more tranquil palette.
Keep it Dim With Darker Colours:
Warm Up Your Halls With Yellow Paint:
Play It Safe with a Cream Pallete
- • Darker colour scheme for interior design is a rising trend in 2021.
- • Add’s emphasis to your overall home interior.
- • Paintings and pictures garner more attention when placed on darker surfaces.
- • If your hallways have natural light, it will boost the dark hues.
- • Darker colours tend to last longer and hide blemishes on your walls better.
- • Hallways are often abused of natural sunlight, adding yellow to your halls with make your home feel much more alive and vibrant.
- • It is unique; not a lot of home-owners go bold with their hallways, this is your chance to have something different from the norm.
- • With summer 2021 just around the corner, this colour palette fits the season perfectly for the warm weather, sunny days and spark energy that comes with the season.
- • Cream colours are the most used for hallways
- • It can be easily updated with accessories
- • Most inviting colour scheme for your hallways
Recommendations: Windsor Cream, Butter Pecan, Crème Brulee
The best colours for hallways and stairs are entirely subjective. Following trends is a good idea to see what other home-owners are doing with their interior design and see which colours are best for your halls and stairs.
Top Related Blogs to “Best Halls and Stairs Paint Colours”
If you’re thinking of doing some home interior painting but don’t want to do the work yourself, let our interior painters help! Even if you are undecided, professional house painters can help you with any problems or questions you may have. If the work involved sounds like it involves too much time and energy to do yourself, call 416.494.9095 or email [email protected] for a FREE quote. And don’t forget to follow us on all our social channels below as well!
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, we take our jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.