How to Install Shoe Molding or Quarter Round
Shoe molding or quarter round are lengthy, flexible pieces of wood. In this blog you will learn how to install shoe molding or quarter round on your walls. We’ll go over the installation process and the cost of this project. Read on!
Materials You Will Need to Install Shoe Molding :
- Safety Goggles
- Miter Saw
- Shoe Molding/Quarter Round Pieces
- Measuring Tape
- Finishing Nails
- Nail Gun
- Stud Finder
- Painters Tape
- Wood Glue
1. Prep the Molding before Installing Shoe Molding or Quarter Round
- Some might prefer to paint/prime the molding prior to installation so you save the hassle of doing it later and getting paint spills on the floor, but it might be a better idea to wait until after the installation process in case of any damages that could occur to them.
- Clear the area of dangerous items and make a good space to work around.
2. Mark, Cut & Line Up
- Using a pencil mark from the end of the wall to point out which direction you will cut.
- Measure out the angle of the corner and cut the angle with a miter saw but do not cut right on the cut point or the molding will be too short.
- After it has been cut, put it down where you want to install but don’t nail it yet in case you need to make some alterations later.
- Repeat this process for the other angled piece. Cut this piece in the opposite angle from the first cut.
- Find where the studs are in the wall with a stud finder and mark it with painters tape.
3. Install the Quarter Round
- Put the two angled pieces together hold together firmly and nail the molding securely using a nail gun
- You may choose to make a return piece of molding. This can be used to make the molding appear neater and adds a finishing touch that looks very clean. Use glue to put in place.
- Now once it has been installed you can prime/paint it
Discovering how to install shoe molding or quarter round is really quite simple and quick, isn’t it? It adds a very flawless appearance to the walls that surround your home and it is a great idea to do when you have a gap that needs to be filled in. Want some help with carpentry work around your house? Give HPT a call! They’re standing by to give you assistance!
Call us NOW at 416-494-9095 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!