How to Choose Paint Colours for Your Home
Choosing paint colours – One of the main reasons for interior painting of your home is usually for colour. Colour stimulates our emotions and creates moods in our homes that are a crucial element in any interior home decorating project. When it’s time to paint your house, understanding that choosing the right paint colours is important for creating the desired atmosphere. So if you need help with picking interior paint colours, continue reading.
Here’s a quick guide for choosing paint colours:
Purple paint is always a unique choice. From violet to lilac, purple comes in multiple hues, which offer myriad interior decoration possibilities. Sumptuous decor in the lounge or a zen bathroom. Remember, purple is the paint color of royalty and opulence!
Grey blue, sky blue, aqua blue, royal blue, navy blue. There are so many shades of blue that are suitable for interior paint colours. Which blue should you choose for your home? Ensure you orchestrate with white highlights or sconces. Surprisingly, green works quite well with blue, who knew!
Pink, red or orange. These are far from typical paint colours people utilize as interior wall paint. What a pity! Those who dare never look back. They allow tremendous gradation for a terracotta styling. Ensure you stay away from neon unless you’re feeling really bold!
Green has so many shades and hues allowing a huge range of emotion in terms of interior paint. The colour of nature and emerald hues. And contrary to popular belief, green may also complement blue. From green to mint green water through the turquoise-green or olive green, transform any environment with these natural paint colours.
- Yellow, the sun, the yolk, the flowers, it is warm and bright and everything nice. Depending on the mood you want to recreate, rustic or modern, and brightness of your room, these will determine yellow’s influence on you. It should warm you and nourish you from the outside in.
To sum it all up Choosing Paint Colours for Your Home:
- Shades of red, orange, and yellow are considered to be warm internal colours and are welcoming.
- On the other hand, shades of blue, green or gray are considered cool colours and are more calming.
- However, the most common trends used today for 2020 in terms of paint colours are neutrals, such as shades of white or light beige. You can really do so much in a space with a nice clean paint colour palette. These colours make a room looks large, bright, and open. Also, light pinks and light blues as well as light grey – think anything light and creamy, are quite popular paint colours for 2020 as well.
- Don’t forget to visit our Pinterest page for a ton of inspiration!
More interesting blogs related to ”How to Choose Paint Colours For Your House“
- How To Choose Living Room Paint
- Paint Colour Matching On Walls For Touch Ups
- Accent Wall Painting Techniques
- How To Pick Exterior Paint Colours
Don’t you know How to Choose Paint Colors for Bedrooms?
Regardless of the mood that you are trying to create, email us at Brian@HomePaintersToronto.com and I will personally walk you through choosing paint colours with a free Interior paint color consulting.
At Home Painters Toronto we have been professional painters for over 25 years and we have been painting houses in the GTA for decades. We have been house painting contractor for over ten thousand satisfied clients over the years. Home Painters Toronto is a full service painting contractor who specializes in interior painting and exterior painting, residential painting and commercial painting. We know how important it is to create just the right atmosphere for you in your home or establishment. We guarantee that you will be pleasantly satisfied with our friendly and professional service.