Bringing Warmth to a Room with Ceiling Painting
Are you thinking of painting the ceiling in your home? You can make a small room appear larger or a large room look smaller, just by painting your ceiling. You can also bring warmth to a room by choosing the right colour of paint. Read on to find some tips on how to bring a touch of coziness into your home as the seasons take a change for the colder.
1. Prepare the Ceiling
- Now is the best time to repair any part of your ceiling that needs attention before you paint it.
- Patch up any imperfections and sand the ceiling in order to end up with a smooth surface.
- Once you have finished with that, you can start to prep the room as well.
- Lay down a tarp before you begin your ceiling painting, moving furniture out of the room to protect it from paint spills and spatters.
2. Are You Looking To Make Make The Room Larger or Smaller?
- Are you trying to make a small room look larger? Paint the walls a neutral colour and then paint your ceiling white or two shades lighter than the colour of the walls. Pastels are a daring choice, but a beautiful space opener.
- Are you trying to make a large room smaller? Paint the ceiling a dark neutral shade, which will give the home a warmer feel and a cozier atmosphere. Deep purples or burnt oranges are a bolder option, but creates a more intimate focus for the room as a whole.
3. Ceiling Paint Tips
White is a safe and very common paint colour for ceilings, but why not ditch the ordinary route and make a statement in a unique way all your own?
- As mentioned, you can create a warm and cozy atmosphere by choosing darker shades for your ceiling painting.
- Keep in mind that the room you’re painting the ceiling in will reflect light differently. A darker shade paint colour will need more light, so make sure you have enough light fixtures or a large window to illuminate the space.
- If you want a bit of reflection the finish of your paint should be satin. Make sure the ceiling is perfectly painted or else the whole room will look bad.
- Good paint colour options for ceiling painting that aren’t white are: pale peach, light blue, warm tan, burnt orange, and deep purple.
- If the room is awkwardly shaped then keep the wall and ceiling the same colour to improve the flow of the space.
As you decide on a paint colour for your ceiling keep in mind which ones can bring warmth to the room they’re used in. It’s not just the walls of your home that are important, and ceiling painting can add another dimension that you weren’t even aware of! If you would like some more help choosing the paint the professionals at Home Painters Toronto are exactly who you should call. Forget about painting the ceiling yourself, just pick a paint colour and let Home Painters Toronto do the rest! Give us a call today at 416-494-9095 or email us at Brian@HomePaintersToronto.com.
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, we take our jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.