Bathrooms are one the most used spaces in a home — for obvious reasons! When redecorating this setting, you need to know what vibes you want to obtain. How you spend your time in this setting is important for various reasons. Firstly, do you prefer a spa-like atmosphere where you want to deeply relax before going to work? Secondly, are you the type who rushes daily preparing your kids for school? Lastly, are you the type who just wants their bathroom to be a family-friendly zone where everyone has their own space to decompress. Your answers to those questions are extremely important to finding out what are the most popular colours for bathrooms. In addition, once you are aware of the vibe you want, picking a colour will be so much easier. In all honesty though, picking the best paint for your bathroom is tricky, but only because there are so many shades out there. So, what are the most popular colours for bathrooms?
Popular Colours For Bathrooms
Popular Colours For Bathrooms
There are a few popular colours for bathrooms this season. They actually vary in terms of depth and lightness. Here’s our list of some of the best bathroom colours to consider right now.
- Light Blue
- Bright White
- Light Green
- Soft Gray
Popular colours for bathrooms: Gray & Charcoal
- Soft Gray: This colour can pretty much go with everything. It is also a calm colour, but if you want something more vibrant, you could always add bright curtain patterns or any bright accessories. Wickham Gray is a beautiful soft gray to check out.
- Charcoal: Charcoal can be a very moody and dramatic colour because it is darker than most colors. Although it is dark, it can look sophisticated to you and to anyone who visits your bathroom. It gives off a contemporary edge, but it does present warm elements. With the warm elements, it makes for a cozy space and therefore, is a great bathroom colour. Charcoal matches up well with natural wood tones or metallic accents. Charcoal Slate is a great contemporary bathroom colour to consider.
Don’t be afraid to go for a bold bathroom colour!
Don’t be afraid to branch out and look at darker shades. Charcoal, for example, is a very moody and dramatic colour. Although it is dark, it can look sophisticated to you and to anyone who visits your bathroom. It gives off a contemporary edge, but it does present warm elements. With the warm elements, it makes for a cozy space and therefore, is a great bathroom colour. In addition, charcoal matches up well with natural wood tones or metallic accents. Let’s not forget about the boldest colour: black. A black accent wall surrounded by white features, gives off a very sophisticated look. When mixing a dark shade with a clean white, the room can still have a sunny-type feeling. Lastly, not a lot of people would consider red or pink as a large setting color, but it can work in a smaller space like the bathroom. Red is a bright, bold colour, and it will give your bathroom life. And a nice light pink could give your bathroom a calming feel.
Why are these bathroom colours so popular?
- Light Blue: This colour symbolizes the beautiful sky. You feel a sense of relaxation and joy. It also brings out a spa-like environment when you match this colour with white tiles. The blue set with white clearly illustrates the sky and clouds. It gives off a very serene vibe. Buxton Blue is a gorgeous light blue that looks amazing with white features in a bathroom.
- Taupe: If you are looking for a neutral colour that brings warmth to your room, look no further than taupe! Taupe is a dark-gray and brown color. There are many variations of taupe that you could choose from. A more brown tone represents an earthy feeling. Smokey Taupe is a great brown toned taupe that fits the bill. A more gray tone is moodier, but still very modern.
- Bright White: A class bathroom style is using bright white paint. White walls are very simplistic, so adding soft neutrals around it always works. Check out White Diamond for a nice bright white. Even adding bright accessories is a good thing: yellow, pink, or purple. This keeps it bold.
- Light Green: In a sunny and bright room, a light green colour will instantly make you feel good. Also, this shade goes hand in hand with other earthy tones, such as brown, sand, and taupe. Light green makes it feel like you are outdoors, a feeling people like in their rooms. Glazed Green is definitely one to check out if you’re looking for a nice light green option for your bathroom.
What is the right bathroom paint colour for you?
Painting is a fun and inexpensive way to give your room freshness! This could also be a great way to make your house sellable in the future. As you can imagine, there are various sheens to choose from and the main ones are latex or oil paint. Latex is more common because it is easier to clean up and is long-lasting. Also, latex paint creates less blistering, allowing the paint to breathe better than using oil-based paint. Most people would recommend you to use latex paint for most of your household duties.
Don’t forget to check out our Pinterest page for all sorts of interior painting inspiration!
More interesting blogs related to ” Popular Colours For Bathrooms “:
- Ceiling Paint For Bathroom
- Painting The Ceiling In A Bathroom
- Top 5 Reasons For Peeling Paint On Drywall
- Top Colours For Bedroom Paint Ideas
Does your bathroom need a refresh but you’re looking to hire home painting services to do the job? If the work involved sounds like it involves too much time and energy to do yourself, let our amazing professional painters handle everything! Call 416.494.9095 or email [email protected] for a FREE quote or visit our website https://www.homepainterstoronto.com/
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, our painters take their jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.