Have you been thinking about doing some interior painting as of late? If you find yourself sitting at home and staring at your four walls and feeling completely uninspired, now is the perfect time! The thing that often holds people back, though, is the cost. As soon as you start to think about fresh interior painting or new furniture and decor, dollar signs instantly flash through your mind. So, if you live in an average-sized Toronto home, we have all the numbers crunched for you. If you need to find out how much it costs to paint a 2000-square-foot house, keep reading!
Peeling Paint On the Ceiling is Not Ideal
All of the Different Cost Factors to Consider
There are many different variables to consider when it comes to the average cost to paint a house, no matter what the size. Here are some crucial points that will affect the cost:
- What does the prep work involve? Do your interior walls need a ton of caulking, filling, sanding or even plaster repair done prior to interior painting? That makes a huge difference in time and labour.
- Do you have a lot of furniture? If there are lots to really empty out furniture-wise prior to beginning your interior painting work, that involves extra time and muscle as well.
- Are you going from dark to light? Looking to make a big change in terms of colour? It can actually take several coats of interior house paint to make that change.
- How many rooms are you painting, and how many different colours? If you’re considering how much does it costs to paint a 2000-square-foot house and you have several rooms and many different colours, that affects the price as well.
- What was the quality of the paint used prior? If the painting company you hire needs to go over low-quality paint with fresh top-rated interior paint, that takes more time and money too.
How to calculate interior painting cost per square foot
If you need a little refresher course on how to calculate interior painting labour costs per square foot, here’s how you can do it. Also, this is how the painting company you hire will break down the interior painting costs as well.
First, you get a tape measure and measure the length of the space. The length will always be the longest side of the room. Then measure the shortest side of the room, which is width (both measurements are in feet). Be sure to jot down both the length and width.
For how to calculate square footage, you simply need to plug in your length and width measurements into this formula: L x W = __ in square feet.
For example, if you’re putting down a floor in a room that’s 30 feet long and 15 feet wide, you would simply multiply the two dimensions to get square footage. So, 30 x 15 = 450 square feet.
And that’s how you do it!
How much does it cost to paint a 2000-square-foot house?
The average painting cost per square foot usually runs within $2 – $3 for interior house paint.
If you live in Toronto, the average size home is between 1500 – 2000 square feet. So, if you do your calculations correctly, the cost to paint a 2000 sq ft house will be $4,000 – $6,000.
Let’s break it down a bit further. if you choose to hire painting contractors, there are likely extras that will add to the cost.
• The average cost to paint a house is usually $4,000 – $6,000 for interior painting for the walls only. If you need two floors of a house for interior painting for the walls only, it’s anywhere from $5,000 – $7,500.
• The average cost is $700 – $1,200 for the trims and doors, including baseboards, doors, and window frames. That usually consists of two coats of premium white paint.
• The average cost is usually $1,000 – $1,300 for ceilings that don’t need any extra fussing. For instance, if you need popcorn ceiling removal done, that is more costly.
• A Toronto home of this size has 3 – 4 closets. The price for each is $75 – $125. The cost is anywhere from $200 – $500 for larger walk-in closets.
How do you figure out how much interior house paint you’ll need?
If you need a tried-and-true tip from professional painters, we have it right here for you! Usually, one gallon of paint will cover up to 400 square feet. So, if you’re trying to figure out how much will it cost to paint a 2000 sq ft house and how much paint you’ll need, let’s do the simple math. If you divide 400 by 2000, it gives you five. So, for 2000 square feet, you will likely need 5 gallons of interior house paint.
For the top-rated interior paint, you can expect to pay anywhere between $50 – $80 per gallon. We recommend top brands, such as Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams.Now that you have all of the facts, you can make an informed decision on which route best suits your needs.
Finding the Perfect Fit: How to Discover A Good Interior Painter
Now that you know how much to paint a 2,000-square-foot house interior, you probably want to know how to find a good interior painter. Investing in quality workmanship is essential for any painting project. Professional, skilled painters can bring your vision to life and take the hassle off your hands. Here, we guide you through the process of identifying a good interior painter. Follow these tips to ensure your project runs smoothly and achieves the desired result.
1. Verify Experience and Expertise
First and foremost, look for experienced, reputable painters with a demonstrated history of quality work. When browsing through professionals, request a portfolio or check out their website to review their past projects. This evidence will give you an impression of their work quality and showcase their skills in various styles and techniques.
2. Ask for Reviews and Referrals
Word of mouth is a powerful tool in finding a reliable interior painter. Talk to family, friends, and neighbours who have had painting projects completed, and take note of their recommendations or cautions. Online customer reviews and testimonials are also a valuable resource, offering consumer-based insights into a painter’s quality and standard of work.
3. Obtain Multiple Estimates
To gauge the services on offer in your area, request quotes from a minimum of three painters. Comparing estimates will give you a better idea of what’s included, the quality of materials they use, and the pricing structure. Keep in mind that the cheapest option may not necessarily be the best choice; assess each quote based on the painter’s reputation, work quality, and overall value.
4. Check Licenses and Insurance
Professional interior painters should hold the necessary licenses and insurance policies appropriate to their area. This documentation guarantees that they are legitimate operators and have a level of professional accountability. Additionally, insurance coverage ensures your property and the painter are both safeguarded should any accidents or unforeseen issues arise.
5. Set Clear Expectations
Communicate your needs and expectations clearly with potential painters. Outline your project’s goals, deadlines, and budget to ensure they can meet those standards. Good painters will be able to provide guidance, answer your questions, and come up with solutions to fulfill your vision.
6. Discuss Warranty and Maintenance
Inquire about the warranty offered by the painters on their work. A good painter stands by their craftsmanship and will rectify any defects that appear within a specified time frame. This warranty provides peace of mind and reflects their commitment to delivering quality outcomes.
7. Gauge Your Personal Rapport
Last but not least, consider your personal rapport with the painter. Opt for a professional who is approachable, communicative, and responsive to your needs. Their attitude and demeanour throughout the project can make all the difference in ensuring a smooth and enjoyable experience.
To Sum Up
Embarking on a home painting project is no small venture. Beyond the cost, there’s the research, labour, and careful decision-making to ensure the result is exactly as you envisioned. Understanding the ballpark cost of painting a 2000-square-foot house, inclusive of paint, labour, and additional expenses, can set realistic expectations for your budget.
Similarly, finding the right professional to entrust with your project can significantly impact its success. It is vital to prioritize experience, expertise, referrals, and a strong rapport when selecting your interior painter.
The process may seem daunting at first glance, but with these insights and considerations, you’re well on your way to a beautifully refreshed home that encapsulates your style and vision.
More Interesting Blogs Related to
“HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO PAINT A 2000 SQ FT HOUSE”
If interior painting is what you’re in the market for, why not save on both time and stress by calling Home Painters Toronto? Our house painting services have been around for over 35 years now. Call us NOW at 416 494 9095 or email Brian@HomePaintersToronto.com for your free quote. And don’t forget to follow us on our social media channels below!