Having a 3000 square foot home is a lot to manage. With all that space, the creativity for your interior design experiments can be endless. While daydreaming about your ideal home, it is paramount to budget accordingly; down below are the costs, intangible variables and what to look for in a painter when working on this 3000 square foot landscape.
Cost of Interior Painting a 3000 Square Foot Home
Costs per Square Footage
- • Walls: $2-$3 per square foot, which is roughly $6700 to a high of $9000
- • Trim and Doors: $0.75-$1.25 per square foot, which equals to $2220 on the low end and $3700 for the higher end
- • Ceilings: $0.50-$0.75 for each square foot $1500-$2220
- • Closets: For regular size closets, the price range should be near $75; for more enormous closets such as walk-ins, the price could go up to $175
There is a lot to be done when getting your interior repainted; walls, trims, doors, ceilings, closets are all part of the rodeo; doing the math for a typical 3000 square foot home on the lower end should cost you around $11,500 for all things considered. On the higher end, you’re looking at a cost around $15,000-$16,000 with everything included.
Effects of What Causes this Price Range
This vast prince range can be shocking at first glance, but there is more that goes into the job than the actual painting aspect of it. Surprisingly to some, painters are not robots that can take the base price of a square footage unit and work off that price alone; like with any job, there are always external ( in this case interior) factors that play a part.
- • The lack of furniture and clutter will almost guarantee you a better price
- • Having the job done at a reasonable time will lead to a more fair rate(1-2 weeks)
- • Season plays a factor; in the winter, it is much slower for paint companies, which is beneficial for you, the home-owner
- • Summertime rates will go up due to higher demand and new clients
- • Do not select one area for the painters to work on; this will cost more- focus on areas like the main floor, hallways and bedrooms
- • 3000 square feet is a big property, even in the city of Toronto, keep paint colours down from to a range of 5-6 or below; chances are you will get a better rate
- • Use mid-top of the line paint; this is a long-term investment for your home; you don’t want strangers back in your home in 2 years, do you?
- • Stick with cash, cheques and etransfers instead of credit card; admin fees are surprisingly high
- • Keep the budget higher if your home has plaster walls, drywalls are a newer concept in the painting world, and there’s not much you can do to change this (unless you get a hammer which would end up costing you more)
- • Newly renovations will cost more due to the amount of prep (sanding, filling, priming), so keep this in mind as you budget this project
Difficulty of a 3000 square foot home
We live in an era where mostly everyone is pro-worker; these painters can sometimes find themselves in difficult and even dangerous projects that require skill, concentration and valiant effort. 3000 square feet homes are not only large but will almost always have newer features compared to a traditional interior. While the home-owner may think that some of these procedures are standard, it is not the case; painters have a unique set of tools used for specific scenarios, which will spike up the price; these include:
- • Specialty painting
- • Wallpaper removal/installation
- • Spraying cabinetry
- • Accent walls
- • Higher Ceilings
Word of advice, if you can, try to stick with tasks that include just the paint and roll; it will cost less!
Time Involved with a 3000 square foot home
3000 square foot homes are not a walk in the park for painters. It is only natural to want to finish projects and tasks as soon as possible to satisfy one’s desires. Here are some things to consider when trying to project the timeline for your interior makeover:
- • For 3000 square foot interiors, crews should have at least three painters working on this project with a minimum of 2 painters
- • In an ideal situation, it should take about a week or less to finish this job, however, collaborate with your workers, 1-2 weeks maximum should be the norm
- • Do not rush the painters, remember you want quality, not quantity; this paint job should last you 5-15 years
Things to Look For in a Painter
Looking for a company to hire can be a tedious thing. One friend may suggest a particular company, and a family member may say avoid at all costs. It can be quite challenging to figure out what company best suits your needs; however, there are always things you can do to ensure you are getting a legitimate and honest company:
- • They are reasonable and don’t leave you hanging with your questions, 24-48 hours is a reasonable time frame for painters to contact you; anything higher, tread carefully
- • Getting a quote on sight is ideal; if they cannot, give them the time frame of 24-48 hours
- • Confirm insurance and liability claims with the company before they start to work
- • WSIB certificate is a must-have for contractors
- • Criminal background checks, these people are in your homes, you don’t want to be babysitting grown individuals
- • Look at online reviews, the good and the bad to get an objective answer; no one is perfect
- • Follow your gut; humans are good at reading a room; use this to your advantage when negotiating your project to see if the potential company means well
More interesting blogs related to “Cost of Interior Painting a 3000 Square Foot Home” :
If you reside in Toronto and the GTA and need some help figuring out the interior painting costs per square foot, don’t hesitate to call us! We will help you pick the colours you want and show you the latest painting and home renovation trends. Our home painting services with the best pro painters have been around now for over 30 years. Call 416.494.9095 or email brian@HomePaintersToronto.com for a FREE quote for your home painting needs. And don’t forget to check us out on our social media channels below!
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, we take our jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.