How to Paint a Bedroom Cleanly – Toronto Painters
It’s time to redo a bedroom painting job! However, you’re worried that you may accidentally drip paint on the windows, bedroom ceiling, floor, etc. It can and will happen if you aren’t too careful with your Interior bedroom painting job. Well today, we’re going to teach you how to paint a bedroom neatly and cleanly.
STEP 1: Prepare your Bedroom for Painting
First things first, let’s empty the room of all things that you don’t want to get paint on during the Interior bedroom painting project. If you want to see specific details, we made a video about “How to Prepare your room for Interior painting“
1. Remove all bedroom wall decorations, electronics, plants, etc. from the room.
2. Remove all light switch and outlet plates, cover with plastic and painter’s tape.
3. Cover all window ledges, door frames, etc. with painter’s tape.
4. Move anything that can’t be removed to the center of the room and cover the floor and furniture with drop cloths/plastic coverings.
5. Fix all nail holes, small dents, hairline cracks in the bedroom wall with plaster, spackle, or Polyfilla.
6. Clean the bedroom walls/surfaces to be painted with a simple solution of dish soap and water.
STEP 2: Personal Prep for Painting your Bedroom
Now we want to prevent any spilling when you paint a bedroom wall, right? Well you also don’t want paint to get spilled on you! Here’s what you should do to prepare yourself for a paint job:
• Tie up all hair so that it is out of the way of your face/anywhere it could get paint in it.
• Wear safety glasses if you want to paint ceilings or use oil/alkyd paint. Paint in your eyes is never a good thing
• Wear rubber gloves and a painters’ apron to prevent any spills to your clothes. If no painters’ apron is available, wear old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
• Keep a rag close by in order to wipe off any spills as soon as they happen.
STEP 3: Paint the Bedroom Walls
All right, enough bedroom painting prep, let’s paint!
1. Mix your paint with a power drill or with a stir stick
2. Never carry a full paint can. Always put paint into an empty can or smaller can to prevent big spills
3. Using a paint edging tool, cover all of the edges once you’ve done everything else.
4. Paint from top to bottom in three-foot sections while leaving space around the edges (cover edges last). See our How to paint a room blog and video for details.
5. Use long strokes, refilling the paint roller as needed. If you need help with using a paint roller, we have written a tutorial and video on how to use a Paint Roller.
6. Allow the painted walls to dry and check your work. Re-apply as many coats as needed.
7. Remove all painter’s tape once fully completed.
8. Remove all drop cloths and garbage. Reinstall bedroom wall fixtures and decorations.
Paint Your bedroom; or Interior and Exterior of your Toronto Home – Look Online with Benjamin Moore Personal Color Viewer
This paint color visualizer by Benjamin Moore allows you to paint a room or your home interior or the exterior of your home virtually. See how paint colours will look before you pick up a paintbrush.
Want to see Bedroom colour Ideas and before and after photos? Check out our Pinterest page!
To learn more about how to paint the perfect bedroom, schedule a FREE, no-obligation Interior bedroom paint color consultation with one of our professional interior colour experts. We’ll analyze your home interior, match it to your personal tastes, and show you exactly what can be accomplished with the creative use of paint colour.
Of course, if you don’t really feel like getting your hands dirty, Professional Painting Companies in Toronto can always step in and do that for you!
Home Painters Toronto, we are one of the Top Rated Home Painters Contractors in Toronto and the GTA. With over 30 years of experience in Toronto home renovation, we will get it done for you.
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, we take our jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.