Paint Ideas For Your Living Room
It doesn’t matter what the size of your home is, your living room remains a central and essential part of your home. The paint colour you choose for your living room can create a bold burst of flowing energy. Or it can also work to create a soothing ambient atmosphere to lounge in. Whatever the choice, our helpful tips will help you to make the best decision!
We will take you through the different paint ideas for the living room and provide you with some of the best paint colours to consider. We will also provide some tips for choosing the right wall paint colours for you so that you can create a beautiful space that’s perfect for relaxing after a long day!
1. Don’t Be Discouraged By A Small Living Room
- •Having a difficult time deciding which paint colour is best for your small living room makeovers? While the space itself may not be as big, the bright side is that smaller living spaces can handle anything you throw at them. You just have to consider every angle of the room including furniture and decorations.
- •Colours that can lend energy to a small living room include yellow-green, beige, and grey.
- •Calm and airy colours include pale shades of blue, green, grey, lavender, and brown.
- •Smaller living room spaces can even take bolder shades that are very bright or dark. Try using warmer shades of red, yellow, brown, orange, and reddish purple. You can contrast these shades by painting the ceiling a different colour from the walls.
- This may seem a bit scary, but if you really love these colours you can give them a chance to be appreciated and really focused on. People will be complimenting your well-designed paintjob rather than focus on the size of the room.
- •Decorating a smaller living room with reflective items like glass, mirrors, and metal wall art can help your space appear bigger. Don’t overcrowd a small room with big accessories like a large boxed-in coffee table or a huge couch.
2. A Big Living Room Means A Big Colour Punch
- • Accent walls, bright and bold shades, and neutral shades are all feasible options for you if you have a larger living space. The walls can take darker shades without making the room feel closed in.
- •When thinking about accent walls, bright red and orange or dark blue and purple are excellent choices.
- Remember to choose the wall that will be the main focus of the room. Painting the wall where the TV or fireplace is located a brighter shade can work wonders.
- •Try to stay away from pale colours unless you like the idea of painting the trim an even brighter shade to create an opposite effect.
- White is usually not a great choice for large living spaces because it allows the room to blend in too much.
- •Decorating bigger living rooms with tall vases, big flowers, large candles, and big pieces of art is a good way to create an easy flow to the space.
3. Living Room Color Ideas
- • What does colour mean to you? How do certain shades make you feel when you’re surrounded by them? Do you have a paint colour that’s your favourite but others might not enjoy?
- Remember that painting the walls of a room is not a permanent action. You can always change up the colours when you feel like it.
- •Find a complimentary shade for your room by taking a close look at the features in your living room. Do you have large wainscoting, windows, built-in bookcases, or arched doorways?
- If you do, you should find a colour that will play up these features nicely.
- •For example, you can choose a bright colour on the wall with the arched doorways and paint the trim white to create a visual statement.
- Others might suggest that you paint the moulding or doorways a shade darker or lighter than the primary wall.
- That will subtly draw your eye to the architectural features. A room with wainscoting can be painted with contrasting colours.
- •A quick and easy method is to find an object that means something to you and pick 3 colours from it, then bring those different shades to a paint store.
More Interesting Blogs Related to “Paint Ideas For Your Living Room”
Now that you have chosen the paint colour, you should find that changing the look of a living room isn’t that scary. Don’t stress, Home Painters Toronto can do this for you and set your mind at ease! Call us NOW at 416-494-9095 or send an email to Brian@HomePaintersToronto.com, to receive your free estimate and free consultation for your living room painting. And don’t forget to follow us on all our social channels below as well!
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, we take our jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.