Doors can radiate the overall theme of your interior paint design; it is always a good idea to paint your interior and exterior doors. While doors do not garner walls’ attention as a top priority for painting, interior and exterior doors should always be painted if you are doing a total makeover.
Is It a Good Idea to Paint Your Interior and Exterior Doors?
Instead of googling “garage door painters near me,” you should search for questions like “How much do painters charge to paint a door,” “What is the best door paint.” You should look for legitimate paint services with a proven track record of success instead of your local listing off Kijiji.
1. How Much Do Painters Charge To Paint a Door?
Painting your interior and exterior doors varies depending on what you want painted and which painting service you use. You may think to yourself that it would be cheaper to do it by yourself. But this is one of the odd jobs in painting that would actually cost you less if you hire a professional.
Determining the cost for your interior and exterior doors depends on:
- • The size of your home, most paint services charge by square footage
- • Prices will vary on how many doors you want painted
- • Find a painting service that can negotiate an hourly rate if all you want done is doors
On average, interior doors should range from about $50-$200; your front door will cost more because special paint is needed for the exterior side of it. If you have all the tools required and can do it yourself for cheaper, all the power to you. It is not frowned upon to attempt to do this job by yourself, but the supplies needed will end up costing you more than the hassle it is worth. Work more innovative, not more sophisticated.
2. How Much Does it Cost to Paint Interior Doors and Trim?
Like Bonnie and Clyde, Batman and Robin, some things just feel more natural together as a duo. Doors and trims go hand in hand; if you had the idea to paint your interior and exterior doors, it is also wise to get the trim done. To paint your interior and exterior doors requires skill and precision, you must take into consideration the trims and seem if your doors have any damage on them before getting the job done.
Typical size homes in the GTA and Toronto vary; it is crucial that you find out the square footage of your home before talking to a painting service. Generally speaking, most houses in the GTA and Toronto range from 1200 square feet to an enormous 3000 square feet ( that is a lot of doors to be painted):
- • 1200 Square feet Homes: Trim and doors should average to around $.75-$1.75 per square foot would start at $900 to $1900
- • 1600 Square Feet Homes: Door Trims and frames will be around $0.75-$1.50 per square foot; in combination with your 1600 square foot interior, it would be about $1200-$2500
- • 2000 Square Feet Homes: Trim and doors on average per square foot, it should be the in range of $0.75-$1.25 coinciding with a 2000 square foot home, the price will be around the $1800-$3100 mark
- • 3000 Square Feet Homes: Trim and doors should equal $0.75-$1.25 per square foot, which equals to $2220 on the low end and $3700 for the higher end
3. What is the Best Door Paint?
Asking the question of what is the best door paint is like asking what the best software company is. There is only a handful of companies that people would pick, with the two most popular being Apple and Microsoft. Thankfully, painting your interior and exterior doors is not rocket science ( although it can be confusing). There are a handful of paint types you should use when getting this makeover done.
It is important to note that there is a difference between interior and exterior paint for your doors; specialized exterior paint is meant to be more durable and specific for the harsher conditions of outside, whereas interior paint should only be used for, as you guessed it, in your interior.
- • Front Doors: Benjamin Moore has an excellent catalogue for specific paint for doors, Aura Grand Entrance seems to stick out for the rest
- • Interior Doors: Emerald Interior Acrylic Latex Paint, SW 6243 Distance
- • Garage Doors: Behr Premium Plus Exterior Paint & Primer in One, FlexTemp Exterior Acrylic Latex Paint
Top Related Blogs to “Is It a Good Idea to Paint Your Interior and Exterior Doors?”
If you reside in Toronto and the GTA and need some help figuring out the interior painting costs per square foot, don’t hesitate to call us! We will help you pick the colours you want and show you the latest painting and home renovation trends. Our home painting services with the best pro painters have been around now for over 30 years. Call 416.494.9095 or email brian@HomePaintersToronto.com for a FREE quote for your home painting needs. And don’t forget to check us out on our social media channels below!
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, our painters take their jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.