We all have experienced very stressful days in our lives, especially this year. It can come from all sorts of things, from our jobs to relationships to the state of the world. Regardless, stress is a part of everyday life. It is just a matter of how we cope with it and try to lead a positive life. Believe it or not, science has shown us that colours help guide us mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Colours that reduce anxiety have a big impact in our lives because they have the power to enlighten and relax us. So, what are some stress relieving colours that you can incorporate into your home? Let’s find out!
The Top Stress Relieving Colours 2021
Stress relieving colours for 2021
According to Sherwin Williams, the upcoming year will be paint colors that have a balance between fast and slow, quiet and expressive, and virtual and physical. Also, these four color palettes resemble rhythm and are stress relieving colours.
- Sanctuary: There is a nurturing wellness and calmness about this palette. There is also a connection to the natural world. If you find yourself not being able to get out much this year, this palette will make it feel like you are in nature.
- Encounter: This palette reflects rich earthy tones and a modern bohemian aesthetic. Also, there are stories and deep connections related to this palette.
- Continuum: Technology has changed the lives of so many people worldwide and with many of us working from home due to the pandemic, it is more apparent now than ever. This palette represents how technology and smart living is meshed into our daily lives.
- Tapestry: This is a cutting edge palette, as it includes very bold colours. Also, it elevates vibrancy, with lavish pinks (Jaipur Pink) and greens and is an inspiration in classicism.
Light shades for interior painting
Gray can be a very trendy interior painting colour. This is because it is a great neutral colour that can actually make your setting stand out from the pack. Not to mention that shades of gray blend perfectly with black and white. In interior design, elegant grays are a staple. This is because it works perfectly with non-sunny and sunny areas. If your setting is lighting dimmed, you should consider choosing a lighter shade of gray for the walls to compliment any bright accents you may have. When paired up with white and blue shades, gray creates a calming environment for all. Have a look at Gray Wisp for a beautiful neutral that’s modern and inviting.
Top interior paint colour trends 2021
According to Behr, these are the top 10 colour trends for the upcoming year! They created this palette from a desired mood that will complement your style in any room of your home.
- Smoky White BWC-13: It’s soft and serene and great for a relaxing common area, like your living room or kitchen.
- Almond Wisp PPU5-12: This interior painting colour is a beautiful beige. It’s really comfortable and adaptable.
- Seaside Villa S190-1: This colour is a lovely light pink that elegant and subtle.
- Sierra N240 – 4: This shade is heading more towards a light tan and it’s classified as warm and approachable. We agree!
- Cellini Gold HDC-CL-18: If you want something more confident and playful, this gold interior painting colour is just the ticket.
- Canyon Dusk S210-4: This shade is ideal if you’re opting for something that’s more earthy and harmonious.
- Modern Mocha N150-4: For us, this is exactly how you might picture a creamy coffee to look!
- Maple Glaze PPU3-16: If terracotta is your idea of welcoming and vibrant, then this is the interior painting colour for you!
- Kalahari Sunset MQ1-25: This rich burnt orange is that one step above terracotta towards a deeper and rich orange-brown.
- Saffron Strands PPU6-02: This colour is described as fiery and festive and if you’re looking to go gold, that’s a very accurate description.
- Barnwood Gray PPU24-07: A deep gray that’s modern, solid and relaxed.
- Euphoric Magenta M110-7: This interior painting colour is a deep magenta purple that’s said to be creative.
Other helpful ways to relieve anxiety in your life
If you’re looking for other ways to release some of that tension and anxiety in your life, we have a few helpful hints:
- Daily exercise: Setting up a regular exercise routine for yourself is one of the best things you can do to combat anxiety. Exercise actually works to release endorphins, which are chemicals that can improve your mood. So, go for a run or take a yoga class or hop on your bike because any of those things will actually help your body and your mind!
- Reduce caffeine intake: Are you someone who needs 4 – 5 cups of coffee a day to get you going? The thing with caffeine is that it’s a stimulant and if we consume too much of it, it can make us jittery and even more anxious. If you’re finding this is the case, simply cut back to one coffee in the morning and see how you do!
- Write things out: Did you know that writing down your feelings and thoughts on a regular basis can actually reduce stress levels greatly? It’s true. Whether you have a gratitude journal and use it to think about what you’re grateful for or find it helpful to write down those anxious thoughts, it can make a world of difference.
More interesting blogs related to ” The Top Stress Relieving Colours 2021 “:
If you reside in Toronto and the GTA and need some help picking out interior painting colours don’t hesitate to call us! We will help you pick the colours you want and show you the latest painting and home renovation trends. Our home painting services with the best pro painters have been around now for over 30 years. Call 416.494.9095 or email brian@HomePaintersToronto.com for a FREE quote for your home painting needs. And don’t forget to check us out on our social media channels below!
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, our painters take their jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.