Have you been contemplating switching things out in your living room lately? Maybe you find yourself growing tired of looking at the same interior wall paint. Maybe you’re simply in the mood for a change. Whatever the reason may be, you’re probably thinking about what is the best paint for living room. We’re here to help you figure that out. Let’s dig in!
Best Paint For Living Room
Best paint for living room
The ideal paint for living room is an eggshell paint finish. It has a decent amount of sheen and in light, it bounces right off of it. There are usually a fair amount of windows in living rooms. So, it’s nice to play with the natural light in the room. It is easy to clean because it has a slight gloss. In addition, eggshell paint finishes are used in common areas, like living rooms, bedrooms, and dining rooms.
Different paint ideas for living rooms
There are number of different ways you can go about choosing the best paint for living room. After all, besides the kitchen area, it’s often the heart of the home. It’s where your family hangs out and watches movies. It’s where you gather after a hard day and just relax and enjoy one another. Some people will want a more neutral palette while others look for something more lively and bold. Let’s look at a few different ideas for paint for living rooms.
- Be more adventurous: There is nothing with choosing bold colors. If you feel like it would not work well on an entire room, you can choose a bold color for an accent wall.
- An active space: A living room is bound to be an active space for your family. For this reason, you could go for a strong and intense color. Check out Aegean Teal, which is a beautiful blending of blue and green with a hint of grey. It also happens to be the Benjamin Moore Colour Of The Year for 2021.
- Faux finishes: Creativity is key! Add texture to your living room with faux finishes. A unique pattern using stencils on your walls is great too.
- Monochromatic: Going monochromatic is a good way of picking a color. Try to be consistent in choosing various shades to work with your living room.
- Work with different paint finishes: The type of finish you choose can either make a color stand out or fold. For a living room specifically, try to go with an eggshell finish (especially on walls) and gloss/high gloss on trim. The trim will shine through and will not overpower an eggshell finish on the walls.
Paint for living room
Also, it can be helpful to consider if you want to move forward with your interior painting in a more modern or classic style? If you consider yourself more classic style, think about the whites, beiges and taupe-beiges and even black because they never go out of style. Popular interior choices for paint for living rooms are Maritime White, Feather Down and Muslin.
If you’re someone who would describe your taste as modern, a nice neutral gray could be the way to go. Neutral grays are picked time and time again because they’re different from white or cream. And they’re still a great impartial backdrop that can easily fit into any style or motif. Popular paint choices for a nice neutral gray include Silver Satin and Cloud Cover, which hit more so in the taupe-gray range. If you’re looking for a cooler gray, Gray Owl works well too.
Interior painting for walls
Before beginning to interior paint, you should have an idea as to what are the best paint finishes for walls. First, start off by using a great primer, like Benjamin Moore’s Fresh Start Primer. It is low on VOCs, it dries fast and it’s easy to apply. If you want an interior latex paint, look no further than Ultra Spec Scuff-X. It’s one of the best paint for interiors and any woodwork. Lastly, you can never go wrong with Regal Select Interior Paint. It is a 2-in-1 paint and primer. Also, it is splatter resistant (perfect if you are prone to making mistakes) and very smooth to apply. Not to mention that it dries fast and leaves no brush strokes.
Don’t forget to check out our Pinterest page for all sorts of interior painting inspiration!
More interesting blogs related to ” Paint For Living Room “:
- Paint Colours For Large Rooms With High Ceilings
- Complementary Colours
- Best Bathroom Paint Colours
- How to Skim Coat Drywall After Wallpaper
If you are confused as to what’s the best paint for living rooms, Home Painters Toronto can help you out. Our professional interior house painters produce quality painting work every time. Let our home painting services take care of everything for you! Call us NOW at 416-494-9095 or email [email protected]
From The Owner & Founder
Hello and welcome!
I’m both deeply honoured and flattered you are considering using our services.
Since 1987 when I was at York University simply earning my way through school, I’ve had the privilege to meet and work with thousands of amazing homeowners like yourself.
Besides the birth of my daughter, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a homeowner’s life change when we have transformed their dream home into a masterpiece. For that reason, our painters take their jobs very seriously and are committed to our cause.
At Home Painters our mission is to paint homeowners’ dreams, and make your painting experience last a lifetime!
I look forward to hopefully meeting you one day, as it brings me tremendous joy to make homeowner’s dreams come true.